Web Developer / UX Designer
This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing FinTech startup with the mission to create financial empowerment for the modern worker.
We’re looking for a UX/Web UI Developer who will work closely with the engineering-design-product (EDP) team and growth team to design and build Portify's user-facing websites and internal tools to ensure users have a high-quality and seamless experience.
Work closely and collaborate across functions (product designer, product manager, growth/marketing and engineers) to implement versatile front-end solutions to web development issues.
Design and develop the front-ends of user-facing products. Launch, iterate and make a difference.
Optimise our user facing websites for SEO, A/B testing and performance.
Maintain and use our design systems with emerging standards while applying best practices.
Manage your own time, and work well both independently and as part of a team.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, HCI, Design, or equivalent practical experience.
Experience in designing and implementing user interfaces (UIs).
Experience in web development, A/B testing tools and SEO.
Experience with and has a passion for user-interface design. Hands on experience with design tools like Sketch or Figma.
Demonstrated sense of design and attuned to the fundamentals of user experience, including accessibility.
Experience with communicating to all levels of users (internal and external), demonstrated problem-solving skills, adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership.
Salary and Equity
Salary: £30,000 - £50,000
Equity: Up to 0.1%
Unfortunately we do not currently sponsor Visas for this role
What can we offer you?
* Mentoring and growth. We will make sure that you are always learning and have the resources and mentorship needed to fine-tune your craft and propel your career
* A mission to help 160 million Modern Workers access fair financial products
* Working at a tight knit, but growing company that has received awards for our positive impact on economic inclusion by institutions such as the Royal Society of Arts and Nesta. In addition, your colleagues have cut their teeth at companies like Amazon, Alibaba, Goldman Sachs, Mckinsey, received PhDs from Cambridge and started companies, including one acquired by Airbnb. We’re also backed by top tier VCs including Redalpine, Kindred Capital, and Entrepreneur First
1. We hire people we believe in, who are exceptionally smart, driven, and independent
2. We decide where we need to get to together, and support you however we can so you can get us there
3. We expect you to relish this responsibility, and work hard to maintain and build upon that trust
We treat each other respectfully, we aim for quality and success in everything we do, we value intelligence and dedication, and we have a laugh along the way.
* Learning & Development budget
* Private healthcare insurance
* ClassPass membership
* Matched carbon off-setting
* Top quality equipment provided by Portify
* Season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
* 25 days holiday + 3 days office closure between Christmas and New Year