Bloom & WildLondon16d ago
Bloom & Wild is re-inventing the $60B global flower industry. Over a billion flower exchanges take place every year and industry satisfaction levels are low. Driven by our core belief that you can never care too much or be too thoughtful, we do things a little differently. From inventing letterbox flowers to founding The Thoughtful Marketing Movement. And we’ve seen impressive traction to date - we are Europe’s largest direct to consumer flower company, growing at 100% year on year (and we’ve been extremely fortunate to see growth remain strong during the pandemic).
We’ve raised multiple rounds of venture capital and private equity funding, have been named one of the 5 fastest growing tech companies in Europe and are alumni of Tech Nation’s Future Fifty. We were also one of the Sunday Times Top 100 Small Companies to Work For 2020. We’ve got a brilliant ideas-led innovation culture. And we’re looking for people from all backgrounds to help drive our next exciting stage of growth.
Business Intelligence at Bloom & Wild
Our team at Bloom & Wild is now over 100 people. The Business Intelligence team works across all countries and supports our Growth, Retention, and Business Development squads.
The Business Intelligence team is responsible for evaluating all of our website, app, sales and marketing data. Our ethos as a team is to distil data into simple and meaningful insights - ensuring stakeholders have the best self-serve tools to make rapid decisions.
We’re looking for a Digital Analyst to join our team. Reporting to the Head of Business Intelligence you’ll support our Growth Squad as they optimise our website and apps.
Please note that only applicants with hands-on SQL experience will be considered.
- You'll have ownership of Growth Squad’s analytical roadmap and be responsible for sizing and prioritising work to deliver the most impactful and timely insights
- You'll work closely with our Product team, helping to establish analytical frameworks and measurement plans for any AB tests launched. You will map customer segments, define metrics and set optimisation goals
- You'll identify tracking requirements, test and work with the front-end teams to implement, test and deploy digital tracking infrastructure which will be designed to scale with the business
- You'll be responsible for interpreting web analytics data as well as other offline data to evaluate site performance
- You champion the use of Google Analytics and share your best practice and expertise with the rest of the team
- This role is fast paced, so it will be important that you'll be able to identify quick wins and make trade-offs while maintaining analytical best practice
- You'll provide robust and easy to understand recommendations from your analysis that can be explained to technical and non-technical colleagues
- You have strong communication skills and you're a team player. You'll use these skills to develop strong relationships throughout the business
- You will be action-orientated and ensure that recommendations feed the long-term roadmap
- Have at least 2-3 years of hands on day to day SQL experience- intermediate/advanced level required. This will be used every day and is a mandatory requirement of the role
- Proven experience as a Web/Digital Analyst, ideally in a startup environment
- Experience measuring A/B tests and website experiments
- Proven track record in getting actionable insights using digital tracking tools (e.g. Google Analytics 360, Mixpanel, Heap)
- Experience in implementing and deploying tags using Tag Management Systems (e.g. Google Tag Manager)
- Proven track record (and examples) of creating actionable insight and recommendations which have driven business impact
- Track record of working independently to shape analytical problems and define testing methodologies
- Experience using data visualisation tools such as Tableau, Looker or Periscope
- Previous experience of automating reporting and simple tasks
- Excel - Advanced level
Currently our full team is working from home and has adapted very well to being totally remote. In addition to our normal perks and benefits we’re supporting each other and maintaining our culture remotely through:
- Regular virtual yoga classes with more virtual exercise variety to come!
- Celebrating birthdays with letterbox cake
- Weekly ‘team drinks trolleys’ and updates from our founder
- Remote lunch and learns
- Supporting our wellbeing through online support sessions and employee assistance program
- New slack channels and ways of communicating including wellbeing channels
- Specialist online support to talk about the challenges we are facing in the current environment
Return to work and our ‘new normal’
The safety and wellbeing of our team is our primary concern during this period and our return to our beautiful, flower filled office will be gradual, considered and only when our team feels safe to do so.
Whilst recognising that some of our team will prefer to work in our office, this period has proven that our team can embrace remote work extremely successfully and our plan moving forward is to find ways of continuing to incorporate remote work into our ways of working.
When we’re in the office
Our lovely, light and spacious office is conveniently located close to Vauxhall and Oval stations in London. We have an informOur lovely, light and spacious office is conveniently located close to Vauxhall and Oval stations in London. We have an informal, startup culture, with employee-friendly policies such as:
- 25 days holiday, with an additional day off for your birthday, plus bank holidays, totalling 34 days, per annum. There is also the option to buy an extra 5 days holiday
- Choose your laptop and any extra equipment you need to do your best work
- Free breakfast, snacks and team lunches
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare Vouchers
- Health cash plan through Simplyhealth
- Personal Development Budget
- Family Friendly Policy - including enhanced family friendly packages and a salary sacrifice childcare scheme
- Pension Contribution
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Lunch & Learns
- Discounted blooms
- Bloom & Go Wild trips - most recently we went to Paris!
See more on what it’s like to work at Bloom & Wild here.
Our recruitment process
The interview process consists of a thirty minute phone call with our Head of Business Intelligence followed by a short SQL test and analytics task. Given the current situation in the UK due to COVID-19 then this will be followed by a series of remote interviews with people from our product team and our CEO.
We care about creating a diverse and inclusive team. So we welcome people from all different perspectives, ideas and experiences to work with us. In our office, everyone has the freedom to give their opinion, grow in their career and be part of a genuinely caring and inclusive team.