Technology Consultant / Solutions Architect
FutureGovUK Based4 days ago
FutureGov is a change agency, on a mission to build 21st-century public sector organisations that are catalysts for change in the internet and climate era. We support organisations with digital transformation, service design and community development, building on the best of places to organise for change and radically improve outcomes for communities in the 21st century.
We benefit from being part of The Panoply a digitally native technology services group, at the forefront of a growing market, focused on sustainable digital transformation and positive, purposeful organisational change.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion. Wherever you're from and whatever your goals all applications we receive are treated equally.
We're a Living Wage Employer and we encourage applications from women, people with disabilities, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME), LGBTQIA+ candidates and other underrepresented groups.
We are looking for experienced technology professionals to help the public sector make better decisions and use of modern technology. Come and join a growing technology team that is a part of a wider team of designers and consultants who are passionate about transforming public services for the better. We work in partnership with local government, central government and healthcare to design and build new services, organisational + operational models, and of course the technology to enable these.
Projects at FutureGov are varied, interesting and meaningful.
What the role involves:
- Reviewing the current use of technology within a local authority (for instance in the domains of housing, adults and children social care, customer contact centre + more) and making recommendations for change or improvement
- Working with local authorities to select and procure better technologies, make informed choices about buy vs build
- Help organisations move to more integrated technology and data architectures, and advising senior leaders on digital and data strategy
- Advocate for, and use open source technology and open standards that help system-wide change that goes beyond a single organisation
- Helping public sector organisations adopt agile and lean approaches
- Carrying out a technical discovery to learn about the problem space and context for a GDS central government project, for instance with a view to designing and architecting new software platforms in subsequent phases
- Working on GDS Alpha projects to create prototypes and proofs of concept to test our riskiest assumptions
- Working with our development team on the agile build of bespoke software solutions
- Researching technologies that will best fit both user and organisational needs
Candidates suitable for this role may be:
- From a consulting background with a strong knowledge of technology
- Solutions Architects, or Enterprise Architects familiar with agile, web platform architecture, and cloud solutions
- Lead Developers or Application Architects with strong communication skills and have carried out technology discovery activities
We'd love to hear from you regardless of your background. What we value is your skills, your background and perspective. We believe in learning, growing and building together.
Closing date: 23rd July 2021
Salary: £55k-75k - dependant on experience