FutureGovUk Wide5 days ago
About The role
Over the last year we have made a significant commitment to growing the technology capability here at FutureGov so that we can better help organisations we work with to deliver change and effective, modern services. We work with a wide variety of organisations, so you could be helping deliver a digital strategy in local government then be part of a team working out how to deliver a modern digital service internationally.
You would be joining our growing technology team of developers and consultants, reporting directly to Sat Ubhi, our CTO.
You are likely to have been working in technology / digital at a consultancy, or perhaps as part of a government digital service, local or national. You might have worked mainly with commercial organisations and be looking to transfer your knowledge and experience to the public sector to help deliver meaningful change. You might be coding every day, or be someone who understands technology, but hasn't been hands-on recently. You could be a Development Team Lead, or a Head of Digital or something else entirely.
We'd love to hear from you regardless of your background. What we value is your skills, your background and perspective. We believe in learning, growing and building together.
As a member of the technology team there will be opportunities to progress and grow with the team and the organisation.
We’re an inclusive employer, and we care about diversity in our teams. Let us know in your application if you have accessibility requirements during the interview. If you’d like to understand more about inclusion at FutureGov, contact our recruitment team.
- bringing knowledge and passion about technology to the team and organisations we work with, alongside a pragmatic awareness of emerging approaches and innovation
- creating strategy documents, working with a team to understand an organisation and creatively respond to challenges and opportunities
- creating high level architecture diagrams to communicate solutions and opportunities
- work closely with clients and team members to deliver shared outcomes
- present at and lead workshops, as part of the team, to help understand an organisation and to co-create solutions
- communicate effectively, articulating complex ideas in a clear, engaging way to inform and advise people across an organisation
- understanding legacy platforms in an organisation sufficiently to identify opportunities and a path forward
- help clients understand what modern cloud-based platforms offer, and how it can impact teams, skills, architecture and budgets
- assisting in designing new structures and roles in organisations to help accelerate digital ways of working
Experience and personal attributes:
- Architecture specialism
- Data specialism
- making real change happen is part of what motivates you
- are pragmatic and can work at pace, understanding what the smallest thing is to move work forward
- have been a part of delivering digital change at another organisation
- feel comfortable making and guiding decisions, explaining clearly how decisions have been reached and are comfortable with giving and getting feedback
- experience working with stakeholders in an advisory role to create and implement technical strategies
- understanding of building and working with legacy technology in enterprise environments including integration methods and strategies
- understanding of cloud infrastructure toolsets across vendors such as AWS, Google Cloud Platform and Microsoft Azure
- understanding of agile working rather than specific Agile™ frameworks
- understanding of the theory and application of continuous integration/delivery
- experience working across different organisations ranging in size from start-ups to large bureaucracies
- have a good sense of humour; creating change in the public sector is hard and you won’t be a person who gives up easily!
Why work at FutureGov?
- the opportunity to achieve impact in the public sector through your work
- flexible working to help you function at your best
- generous parental leave
- we’re collaborative, and will readily give our time to help your development and invest in your training
- we’re a great team and regularly hang out together - from team meet-ups, summer retreats or interest groups to help everyone connect
- everyone has a voice - inclusivity and respect are key to our culture
- we help you make time for the things that matter through generous holiday allowance, pension schemes and paid volunteer days
- we provide a remote working budget for every member of our team
- there are opportunities for progression and a clear salary review process to provide a place for you to grow and develop
Closing date: 4th June 2021
Salary: £67-75k - dependant on experience