About the role
FutureGov is looking for an experienced technology consultant to help us on our mission to design public services fit for the digital age.
We believe citizens deserve access to user-centred products and services, delivered by modern, digitally-enabled organisations. We're looking for a technology consultant who can help advise our clients where, when and how to better use technology to achieve this shared mission.
This is a role with plenty of variety, on some of our projects you could be working with our clients helping define a bold and ambitious strategy for an entire organisation. Whilst on another, helping advise teams on specific technology choices to enable a product build to be sustainable.
Technology consultants at FutureGov
- are passionate and knowledgeable about technology, knowing what’s current but also what’s next, keeping an eye on emerging trends
- are happy being part of a multidisciplinary team and will want to work closely with other team members and stakeholders to design and create outputs such as strategy documents, roadmaps, blueprints and architecture maps to help define and communicate a delivery plan
- enjoy building strong relationships with people and can support clients and team members to achieve their full potential
- are compelled by delivering results and making change happen.
- are pragmatic and can work at pace, understanding what the smallest thing is to move work forward
- are a strong communicator, can articulate complex ideas in a clear, engaging way to inform and advise people across an organisation
- feel comfortable making and guiding decisions on projects, explaining clearly how decisions have been reached
- have a good sense of humour; creating change in the public sector is hard and you won’t be a person who gives up easily
Skills and experience
- experience working with stakeholders in an advisory role to create and implement technical strategies
- interest and experience in at least one programming language (e.g. Ruby/Rails, Python, Java, .Net)
- strong communication skills, you’re able to make complex information and ideas accessible to people from different backgrounds
- understanding of building and working with legacy technology in enterprise environments including integration methods and strategies
- understanding of cloud infrastructure toolsets across vendors such as AWS, Google Cloud Platform and Microsoft Azure
- understanding of agile working rather than specific Agile™ frameworks
- understanding of the theory and application of continuous integration/delivery
- experience working across different organisations ranging in size from start-ups to large bureaucracies
Why work at FutureGov?
- the opportunity to achieve impact in the public sector through your work
- flexible working to help you function at your best
- generous parental leave
- we’re collaborative, and will readily give our time to help your development and invest in your training
- we’re a great team and regularly hang out together - whether that’s our Friday team breakfasts, summer retreats or interest groups to help everyone connect
- everyone has a voice - inclusivity and respect are key to our culture
- we help you make time for the things that matter through generous holiday allowance, pension schemes and paid volunteer days
- drinks and snacks in our studio
This role is open to both contract and permanent applications, please specify in your cover letter. Deadline for applications is 30 June 2020.