Tech Lead (Jurnee)
Founders FactoryUK or European Remote10 days ago
What is Jurnee?
We are on a mission to create a seamless marketplace for booking unique team experiences such as team buildings and company retreats.
With the impact of Covid and the move to remote work, many companies are realizing how important it is to find new ways of bonding with their teams. In the future, these moments are increasingly more likely to happen during company events than at the office.
And since they are usually such a nightmare to organise, we created Jurnee to rethink the whole experience. Our vision is to become the tool companies use to meet face-to-face in an increasingly remote world.
We are backed by Founders Factory, the fast-growing start-up studio that has now produced 100+ companies. They have invested in us and are supporting our team with building our product.
Where are we?
Since launching this summer, we are seeing interesting traction and already have customers as well as a network of suppliers. We’ve learnt a lot and remained lean throughout this process but are now ready to start building out the tech to put the product directly in the hands of users.
What are we looking for?
As we are entering this new phase, we are looking for a founding Tech Lead to bring our vision to life and start operating at scale. This is a hands-on role - the main focus will be on the software engineering side but it would be great to have someone with an edge/interest in design and product. This is a great opportunity for someone with entrepreneurial spirit, grit and who wants to have a positive impact on companies’ culture and their employees’ well-being.
In terms of scope, we would like this founding tech member to:
- Build our marketplace from scratch - take charge of platform development, and make key decisions on technical architecture
- Oversee all aspects of engineering including technical strategy, best practice implementation, and technology stacks
- Deliver the MVP, enabling us to test, iterate and serve our early customers
- Think like an owner
Since the role is very versatile, we would like this person to be confident over the full stack of the web with knowledge on how to set up a scalable infrastructure and architecture. In terms of specific skills, we would like to find someone who is:
- Comfortable with front-end development, particularly with modern frameworks like React
- Strong on back-end engineering, from API design to infrastructure
- Capable of starting from nothing, designing a technical architecture that meets customer needs
- Worked in a lean & agile environment with experience of managing stakeholder expectations
- Confident in being responsible for technical strategy and leading a team
- Experience building out B2B platforms
- Autonomy to build something from scratch and make key tech decisions
- Become part of a young, dynamic but also ambitious founding team in a fun, start-up environment
- Flexible and remote working options available; we are a remote first team
- Generous stock option scheme for founding team members
- Access to Founders Factory network, events and community
Entrepreneurship in the best conditions
This is an opportunity to become an entrepreneur and join an early-stage startup in the best possible conditions. As Founders Factory backs the venture, we can offer compensation and equity/stock options but also direct access to key operational and strategic talent in product, design, tech and business. Their dynamic network enables us to test and iterate faster as well as give us a step up when we look to raise our new round in 2021.