Tech Lead (Full Stack)
ustwoLondon, Malmo, Lisbon, Porto9 days ago
The ustwo London Studio is looking for an experienced technical lead for our product development and delivery.
You have significant experience as a lead developer working with an array of full stack technologies, leading development teams and working in an agile, collaborative environment alongside design and product management.
You will work collaboratively to solve difficult problems and build great products with cross-functional teams of engineers, designers, product owners and delivery coaches. You will be a lead in the technical design, development, testing, and deployment of software solutions. With your technical expertise you will manage project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
ustwo works very hard to win interesting and challenging projects, and you will have a leading role on projects that make a meaningful impact to our clients, their customers, and the world. We work across the project lifecycle, from highly strategic discovery work to launching large-scale build projects and everything in between.
We are open to all types of full stack development leads - whether your experience leans more heavily towards the front end or the back end is not as important as your overall software expertise, open-mindedness and willingness to collaborate and learn.
- You will be responsible for the technical approach to feature development, application architecture and problem solving, and will be accountable for the technical delivery of the project by the team.
- You will be very hands-on with projects, a lead in the initial architecture and scaffolding, and getting deep into code. You will be looked to as a senior authority in software development and delivery.
- You’ll be expected to drive technical direction in projects and assure they meet scalability, robustness, quality and security requirements.
- You’ll work with delivery coaches, design leads and other tech leads to ensure we're building high-quality products as well as delivering the project on time and on budget.
- As a tech lead, part of your role will be to manage and mentor members of the technology team. You can expect a handful of engineers you will be directly responsible for managing.
- You’ll get the exciting responsibility to bring in new ways and approaches to building solutions.
- You will be client-facing, capable of representing ustwo in both technical and non-technical discussions, and able to engage directly with client teams and stakeholders.
Must have experience
- You have a minimum of 8-10 years professional development experience, with at least 3-4 of those years as a senior/lead developer.
- You have wide experience in building highly scalable and resilient web and/or mobile applications, with full stack experience from front to back end.
- You are able to work on both large production projects and small fast alpha and beta products, with the ability to make the appropriate choice on speed, quality and scalability for different project challenges.
- You should have experience with deploying, hosting, securing, monitoring and scaling in the cloud, with experience working in at least one of the major cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure).
- You have database and data modeling experience, and a solid understanding of the appropriate use cases for SQL / NoSQL datastores.
- Experience with Devops, setting up and working with CI/CD pipelines, and infrastructure as code (e.g. Terraform, Puppet, etc.)
- Experience with API integration / testing / design / implementation.
- You understand software design patterns, how to best apply them, and are up to date on the latest front-end and back-end development frameworks.
- You are a clear and confident communicator, both written and verbally.
- You have experience working within and leading development teams in agile environments such as Scrum / Kanban.
- You are a hands on, caring, resilient, patient, results-oriented, and humble person — you get things done.
- You have a strong appetite to explore new technologies and share knowledge.
- You welcome feedback and look to improve project development and understanding.
- You are able to interface and communicate well with non-technical team members and stakeholders.
- You are able to work to deadlines and in a fast-paced environment.
- You are a team player.
- You have good humour and like to have fun!
We strongly believe in hiring for diversity, and we want to hire people who display strong potential. The key to your success and our success is hiring people who have a passion to constantly learn, share knowledge with others and display constant curiosity. We believe in the power of the introvert and extroverts and our Studio culture provides opportunities for colleagues of all persuasions to be heard, have ownership and clear opportunities to progress.
We have a very warm and welcoming culture. We are a very transparent company and work hard to distribute leadership across the studio. We are an equal opportunity employer and very much value diversity and inclusion. We believe diverse teams help us make better products and we actively hire for cultural growth. We seek people of all ages, genders, stories, cognitive capabilities and backgrounds.
Salary Band (£75,000 - £90,000)