Tech Lead (Carra)
Founders FactoryLondon21d ago
What is Carra?
Antidote Street is a forward thinking destination for textured hair. Having recently launched an exciting new beta product, Carra, we are on a mission to become the no. 1 global personalisation platform offering bespoke hair care routines, expert advice, personalised product recommendations.
Targeting the world’s fast growing multicultural community (70% of the world’s 7.4bn citizens), we are transforming an underserved market by combining human expertise and machine learning to offer a deeply personalised experience.
We understand that data is at the core of our business, and are investing from day one on making sure that the product and infrastructure are built in such a way that enables us to apply the best in class machine learning algorithms to accomplish our vision.
What is the role?
We are looking for a Tech Lead to drive the development of our suite of scalable software solutions - web and app. The intention behind this role is to develop into our CTO. As our first engineer, you will be responsible for the full software development life cycle from conception to deployment. It means working closely with our talented team of entrepreneurs across Product, Data Science and Marketing all passionate about powering inclusive beauty through tech and artificial intelligence.
You are excited about this opportunity because you are/will:
- Excited about growing and leading a high performing engineering team
- Own the development of our Tech stack Design overall client-side and server-side architecture
- Build the front end of our applications through appealing visual and mobile responsive design
- Develop and manage well functioning databases and APIs
We're excited about you because you:
- Have proven experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role
- Knowledge of back-end languages or frameworks such as C#, Go, Kotlin, Python, Node.js or Laravel
- Are capable of writing and utilising RESTful API services Experience with cloud providers (e.g. AWS, Azure or GCP) and containerisation (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Apache) Degree in Computer Science, Statistics or relevant field
Other things that are important to us:
- You love our brand and are excited about our vision
- You're passionate about startups - you want to work hard and build something great and have the ability to learn and adapt in a rapidly changing environment
We are committed to building a diverse culture and are eager to receive applications from all backgrounds. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination.