About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity for a smart, analytical and hands-on strategist who is looking for their next challenge in a fast paced and high growth tech scaleup!
This is our first dedicated strategy hire, who will have a huge impact on the direction of our business and how we do things at Urban Jungle in the future. This role will lead and execute strategic projects, working closely with our insurance, commercial and product teams, as well as helping the Chief of Staff manage the exec function as we grow.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading standalone strategic projects from analysis to execution. For example, working out how to grow our core home proposition.
- Managing cross-functional projects that are critical to business growth, for example commercial launches, and improving operational processes.
- Helping to manage the exec function by managing key business meeting agendas and business planning processes, for example our version of the OKR process.
What We’re Looking For From You:
- 3+ years in strategic roles eg in a consultancy firm or as an in house strategist
- A strategic & analytical mindset
- A great communicator
- A self-starter who is comfortable working in a continually changing environment and dealing with ambiguity
- A problem solver, who can roll up their sleeves and hustle, not just a thinker
- Passionate about how technology can make customers’ lives better
- Excited to pitch in with broader team and business responsibilities
Nice to haves:
- Experience in Insurance / FS sector or an early stage business
Urban Jungle is an inclusive employer and values diversity. So long as you’ve got the skills for the job, even if you don’t fit these requirements exactly, we’d love to hear from you!
You can expect from us:
Urban Jungle is an amazing business to work in, with a super exciting and executable vision. Our team members are rewarded well with:
- A competitive salary depending on experience
- A material equity stake
- A company pension
- 25 days of paid leave, plus public holidays
- An annual personal development budget and training on whatever you need to do your job well
- A commitment from the co-founders to spend significant time on your coaching and development.
- Clear objectives, which are regularly updated, with regular formal feedback
- Whatever kit you need to be effective
- A commitment from the company to support your wellbeing for example with individual coaching sessions
- A cycle to work scheme
- Lots of social fun and events
- An open environment where you will be challenged
Urban Jungle is an exciting fintech scaleup that is making waves in a high growth consumer insurance space, on a mission to fix the way things are done in the industry and make customers’ lives better. Although we work in financial services, we are at heart a tech company, focused on building a customer-first brand that people can trust.
Our mission is to help millions of young people plan for their financial future - starting with providing a safety net for their home lives. We’re designing and building insurance products for a new generation of customers, challenging the status quo and changing the way things are done in insurance. We base all of our decisions and strategy around our 4 core values:
- Customer first
- Keep getting better
- Be responsible
- Aim for extraordinary
It’s an exciting time to join us as we’re growing fast! In the last year we hit 50,000 customers, launched several new products and doubled the team. We recently closed an £8m funding round - and we have big growth plans for the year ahead! This is a great opportunity to join a fast growing, data driven company and have a hand in shaping our futures.
Logistics & Application:
The position will start remotely but you must be able to work at our offices in Oval, South London in the medium term. The hiring process involves an initial phone conversation, followed by a practical and CV interview with the senior team.