JumpstartUnited Kingdom12 days ago
Jumpstart is the UK’s only start-up graduate programme.
Jumpstart is a selective programme that trains and matches early careerists with the most exciting start-ups in the UK. If accepted onto the programme, you have access to our exclusive list of start-up partners, who present to you about the roles they are offering, so you can choose the one which is right for you. Once your role is secured, we put you through a week-long training course, to help you excel from day one. After starting your job, you will have access to our growing alumni network as well as the mentorship & support Jumpstart provides. We are looking for applicants that want to start in May 2021.
Whether you studied English or Engineering, Computer Science or Spanish, our programme gives you the skills and opportunity to thrive in the start-up that suits you best.
Click below to register your application, it only takes 30 seconds!
How it works
1. Start-up pitches: Every month we choose the 30 most exciting, socially impactful and best paid start-ups to pitch to you about themselves and the role they are hiring, so that they are in with a chance of hiring you
2. Fast track to interview: You will go straight to interview with the start-ups of your choice. At Jumpstart we provide bespoke interview training, and advice on start-up choices to help you every step of the way
3. Training: Once your role is secured, we put you through a week-long training bootcamp that teaches you the most important things to be effective in a fast-growing start-up. Modules cover excel, managing your manager, solving start-up problems, and much more.
4. Ongoing mentorship, training and support: we take the best bits of big corporate graduate schemes (like training, network and mentorship) and combine them with start-ups. You will join your start-up amongst a cohort of other graduates in other start-ups, and Jumpstart provides ongoing mentorship, training, social events, and a fast-growing alumni network.
The roles you can work in:
Whether you studied English or Engineering, Physics or Portuguese, our programme gives you the skills and opportunity to thrive in a role in the start-up that suits you best. Generally speaking, the four most common roles are:
· Founder’s associate/generalist: work hand in hand with the start-up’s founder on important strategic initiatives. This role is an exceptional training ground because you get exposure to the entire business - whether that be in marketing, operations, sales, product, strategy and so on. Over time, you will specialise and likely form part of the senior leadership within a couple of years
· Marketing: communicate with customers about your product in engaging ways across your online channels
· Operations: make sure that the company keeps running while simultaneously challenging the status quo to redefine how things are done. Expect to be thrown into anything and everything. Operations people tend to be analytical and process-oriented, but also highly pragmatic
· Business analyst: extract key insights from data and crucially, tell a story with it. Crunch the data to find out ways to improve products, make business forecasts and identify operational issues
Not sure which role you want to be in? That’s fine! Apply to the programme and we will help you find the right role in the right start-up. What’s more, start-up roles are inherently flexible – so starting out in one thing may be the perfect stepping stone to something else.
· Are highly proactive & willing to learn independently
· Are willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done
· Are excellent communicators
· Are able to work in fast-paced environments
· See the demand for disruption in traditional industries and want to help make it happen!
The job will be full time, five days a week. All roles have a minimum salary of £25,000 with an average of £28,000 (as well as equity options that are often included). Across the four programmes we have run so far, 90% of our grads secure at least one role within 2 weeks.
How to apply:
Step 1: Register in 30 seconds on www.jumpstart-uk.com/apply
Step 2: Complete written questions
Step 3: Interview with Jumpstart
We run ongoing programmes, so you can apply for programmes starting from May 2021 through to 2022.