Sport Tech Hub Accelerator And Operations Manager
London SportLondon23 days ago
We are looking for a passionate, enthusiastic and entrepreneurial person to play a vital role in the future success of the Sport Tech Hub.
You will lead the operations and delivery of our programmes, projects, training, processes and engagement with our community.
About Sport Tech Hub:
Sport Tech Hub was born out of a vision to bring the power of tech innovation closer to national efforts to increase participation levels in physical activity and sport.
Sport Tech Hub is a community of founders, mentors, investors, partners and organisations fostering the acceleration and use of technology to help people become more active.
Over the past three years, we have provided support to 31 ventures which, between them, have reached more than 130,000 Londoners through over 40 pilots brokered between the traditional sport sector and tech ventures. Furthermore more than £4m has been raised by businesses backed by Sport Tech Hub
About the role:
You will drive the positive impact of technology on physical activity levels, in particular supporting less active people and under-represented groups and to help make the technology ecosystem more diverse particularly in terms of ethnically diverse, gender, disability and lower socio-economic groups.
You will work to support the wider tech ecosystem to accelerate innovation and the creation of products that have a positive impact on participation levels and tackling inactivity.
This role will focus on the day-to-day delivery of Sport Tech Hub, implementing and managing key programmes for founders, that are launching, growing or scaling technology to support physical activity and managing our alumni and community.
This role will engage organisations that have the potential to use sport tech to achieve their goals, making them aware of relevant tech solutions and connecting them to relevant ventures to develop partnerships for mutual benefit.
Finally, this role will be key to showcasing the impact of Sport Tech Hub and the contribution it is making towards London Sport’s vision of making London the most active city in the world.
What you’ll do:
· Lead the delivery and review of programmes and services to accelerate the use of technology to help people become more active.
· Coordinate the selection of start-ups or SMEs onto our programmes as well as the agreement of business plans for the founders accepted on to the programme.
· Design and deliver programmes and initiatives focused on supporting organisations to use and adopt technology as means to help people become more active.
Relationships and Community Operations:
· Develop and maintain relationships with the Sport Tech Hub community, prospective start-ups and SMEs and stakeholders.
· Act as a mentor and connector to founders in our community, as well as delivering engaging events and workshops, to help accelerate their businesses.
· Work with London Sport colleagues to ensure that Sport Tech Hub activities integrate, contribute towards and benefit from wider London Sport work areas.
· Produce regular updates and reports to share the successes of the Sport Tech Hub community.
· Support the delivery of effective digital communications as an integral tool to the continued role and growth of Sport Tech Hub.
Who you are:
· You can demonstrate an understanding of, and commitment to, equality, diversity and inclusion in relation to London.
· You have experience of supporting founders of tech ventures acting as a sounding board as individuals go through the development of products, services, or businesses.
· You are an experienced project manager able to develop, implement, monitor and evaluate projects.
· You are a creative thinker that will thrive within an innovative environment and lead innovation.
· You have excellent customer service skills are have the ability to initiate, develop and manage positive stakeholder relationships.
· You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to enthuse, persuade, negotiate and influence people through all forms of communication.
· You are positive, proactive and enjoy working as part of a team and have a commitment to personal development.