Software Engineer with Data Science experience
FiitLondon, E151M ago
Who are we?
We are Fiit. The #1 rated fitness app in the UK.
We're looking for team players to help us achieve our mission — to remove every barrier to exercise, and create the most exciting and effective workouts on the planet.
We're a London-based startup with global plans. Are you passionate about making a difference?
What do we want?
A Software Engineer with experience working in data science that wants to join a world class Engineering team.
This is a full time, permanent role based in our London office. It is not a role that is suitable for a remote contractor.
What does that look like
- Be part of the future of fitness, by helping us build innovative and reliable products
- Collaborate with other engineers, mobile app developers and product managers to help build smart features powered by data
- Engaging in product and design discussions, contributing ideas for what you will be building and allowing the team to explore what is possible
- Performing exploratory work and model prototyping to create POCs and building libraries/services that power features / serve as APIs to be used by other developers as building blocks
- Building infrastructure to support data pipelines, training and deployment of machine learning models
- Taking responsibility for the quality and stability of these services, through good testing and monitoring processes
- Constantly questioning. Why are you building this? How can it be improved? What can we learn from this?
- Adapting quickly to changing requirements and environments
What will you be working on:
- Building and maintaining data pipelines and services that support exploratory analysis
- Developing new models using heart rate and accelerometer data from wearables. For example:
- Estimation of fitness effort during a HIIT class.
- Improvement of in-class heart rate zoning
- Movement detection in strength classes
- Designing and maintaining systems that allow us to train and serve models (we work mainly in Python, but also have models in C++)
- Investigating and diagnosing model performance issues
What you'll need
- Experience as a data engineer. You'll have worked with tools and infrastructure needed to process large amounts of data in the cloud
- Experience working within the AWS infrastructure
- Strong Python knowledge. Experienced using the Python data stack (numpy, pandas, sklearn)
- Familiarity with using a variety of data science tools / techniques (from data extraction and wrangling to performing statistical analyses and/or machine learning)
- A strong testing mindset
- A pragmatic development approach - confident in reassessing priorities and evaluating trade-offs
- To be a team player, who enjoys collaboration and discussion
- A willingness to learn and tackle unfamiliar problems
- To be a clear communicator, capable of sharing ideas concisely and kindly with technical and non-technical coworkers
- A 'can do' attitude and someone who thrives on a challenge, no matter how big or small
- A passion for fitness and wellbeing
Bonus points for
- Experience with the GCP ecosystem, particularly BigQuery
- Experience with C++
- Passionate about the product.
Do your values resonate with ours?
- Everyone at Fiit is a leader, whatever your level you’ll have a passion for the mission and understand how you can impact that.
- You’ll always want to be improving, learning and curious, embracing and giving constructive feedback.
- Grit to deliver is important in startup life. You’ll enjoy the rollercoaster, execute at pace and take accountability.
- The team is greater than the individual at Fiit, we include everyone, value diversity and communicate openly.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive salary, performance related bonus, pension & equity options
- A cool office environment near the Olympic Park in Stratford
- 25 days holiday
- Private health and dental insurance
- 3 budgets that you control around professional development, health/wellness and hobbies
- Free Fiit device and subscription
- Lots of fun with weekly drinks and TFIF, Coffee Club and team building days
- The opportunity to make a difference to people's lives - see for yourself the impact we're having by reading some of the comments in our Facebook Community group
Fiit is based at the Here East campus in the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, within easy reach of two major stations, it has a free shuttle bus and is well connected to cycle paths.
During the COVID-19 pandemic the team is working at home and in the office depending on the current guidelines