Software Engineer, Full Stack
We’re looking for a smart, experienced and enthusiastic Software Engineer to join our London team at the early stages of our journey, building the UK’s best car buying experience.
We recently launched our platform, built with a truly modern tool-chain: a fully serverless, event driven architecture with React on the front end and Typescript used throughout. The vision for Cazoo engineering is to build a world-class engineering culture and as a software engineer, you’ll be playing a key role in that mission.
What you’ll be doing:
We’re looking for someone to join our cross-functional teams as a Full Stack engineer. You’ll be supporting the development of our customer proposition and will be building applications to support a rapidly growing business, and deliver an amazing experience to our customers.
Cazoo embraces TDD, Clean Code and the values and practices of XP, DevOps and Software Craftsmanship including pair programming and a “you build it, you run it” mindset. You will support the building of a culture of engineering excellence, through coaching and mentoring other engineers in your team as well as furthering your own personal development.
Your passion and experience will make a massive difference as you join a small and friendly team where teamwork, pride in your work and a positive and practical attitude is key. It’s important that you have strong communication skills, sound decision-making capabilities and a genuinely innovative outlook.
Key skills and experience required:
We are primarily looking for software engineers to join our teams who are humble, enthusiastic and innovative who are keen to work effectively with others as part of a team.
- You are confident in your application design and architecture skills and have a strong handle on micro-design including dependency flow, clean code and object composition
- You have extensive experience with modern software development practices such as TDD, CI/CD and a DevSecOps mindset.
- You are comfortable moving between front-end and back-end technologies, even if one of these domains is not your core expertise.
- You can demonstrate how you have supported the effective development of other junior engineers through coaching and mentoring.
And last but certainly not least – someone with a sizeable appetite for learning and self-development, with a fun and sociable side!
If you’re excited by working in a greenfield environment, are customer obsessed and want to be part of building an amazing brand – we’d love to talk to you!
What you’ll get from us:
- This is an opportunity for you to be involved in building cutting edge solutions and supporting a culture of engineering excellence, working on entirely greenfield projects at a well funded startup.
- You will be supported by a coaching team, which includes international conference speakers, dedicated to supporting your development and helping you achieve your goals. The coaches cover technical, quality and agile delivery aspects.
- You will be joining a growing, self-organising team, and will have the freedom to decide the most efficient way to work together and get the job done. Our teams and engineers do not work in silos, as such you will be given opportunities to use or develop skills outside of your core skill set too.
- At Cazoo, you will be an integral part of a team creating a highly visible and tangible product that’s seeking to change and replace a painful process that almost everyone must contend with at some point in their life.
- Given the growth we expect to see over the next few years there will undoubtedly be opportunities to progress your career.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits including eligibility for equity. We provide free breakfast and fruit in our friendly open-plan office which also has a number of great facilities.
Our London home is located a stone’s throw from Euston Station and close to Kings Cross, with tube stations on the Northern, Victoria, Piccadilly, Hammersmith & City and Circle lines all a short walk away.
Our selection process will typically involve a chat on the phone, a coding test and a few hours of interviews at our office where you’ll have a chance to meet the team. Our interview process is built around understanding your experience and focus as a developer, not making you sweat or catching you out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, sexual orientation, colour, religion, national origin, disability status or marital status.