Software Development Lead
LiberisLondon13 days ago
Job Title: Software Development Lead
Reporting to: CEO
Location: This is a Remote-first position with some travel into our one of our UK offices in London or Nottingham
Liberis are the leading global provider of embedded business finance and are proud to have delivered more than £500 million in funding to SMEs across the UK, EU and US.
We’ve been pioneering embedded finance since 2007 and over the years, we’ve worked in partnership with banks, SaaS providers, payment processors, checkout providers, and even the UK government – providing all they need to offer easy and frictionless revenue-based finance solutions to their SME customers through our API-powered funding platform.
We are in a very exciting period of growth, both within the UK and internationally, with teams based in London, Nottingham, USA and Scandinavia. As we continue to grow we are looking for talented and ambitious individuals to join us to reshape business finance.
We are proud to have been included in The Sunday Times Hiscox Tech Track 100 as one of the 100 fastest growing FinTechs in the UK for two years running.
Who are we?
Technology is at the heart of Liberis’ growth and as part of the engineering team you will have a big part to play in achieving our mission: To give every business access to funding. In doing so we strive to be the best in class, not only in how we achieve our mission technologically, but also in providing our customers and partners an optimal user journey and integration experience.
We are serious about Scrum, continuous deployment and continuous integration. Insights gained for real customer experiences help us continuously improve their online experience and optimize our partner integrations.
We are an agile team that has proven to be fully equipped to deal with the recent major shift in working structure and environment, meaning we can support remote or part-remote working and trust our colleagues to take ownership for their role.
Therefore we encourage flexibility and finding a working structure that fits for both you and the team.
Who are you?
You understand that working as part of an empowered team is the best way to deliver at velocity. You are equally at home working with stakeholders, developing software yourself or coaching the team to solve the challenges you face today in a way that builds for the future. Leading by example comes naturally, motivating your team to keep up with your pace.
We think you’ll need
- Experience leading a development team on successful roadmap deliveries
- Ability to work closely with stakeholders and other teams around the business
- A proven track record developing SOAP and/or REST interfaces
- Excellent communicator & fluent in English
- It would advantageous if you have:
- Working experience with TypeScript, AngularJS/React, Node.js, C#, Azure or AWS
- Experience in Agile development methodologies (XP, Scrum, Kanban)
- Understanding of messaging technologies like RabbitMQ and document DB’s like MongoDB
What will you be doing here?
- Leading a cross functional team of developers responsible for delivering optimised web based front end interfaces for both internal and external customers.
- Hands-on development as the need arises.
- Subject matter expert for your area both internally and with Liberis’ partners
- Be a key contributor to the architectural governance to ensure efficiency, scalability and security
- Act as mentor and guide to the engineers in your team, setting the example not only in in work ethic, but also in delivering world-class solutions
- Working closely with the Head of Engineering and peers to continuously improve the delivery pipeline
- Recruiting in your team and supporting recruitment in other engineering teams.
What can we offer you?
We are committed to creating an open, supportive and flexible work environment that provides our employees access to industry-leading opportunity. We are proud to have been recognised by Great Place To Work as one of the UK’s Best (Medium) Workplaces, as well as the 3rd Best (Medium) Workplace For Women and a centre of Excellence For Wellbeing. We are a values-driven and culturally diverse community and we welcome applications from all candidates irrespective of gender, race, age, sexual-orientation or background.
We are passionate about empowering our people to make a real difference for our customers and for their own careers. We run a variety of initiatives to support our employees’ development from lunch and learn sessions to peer mentoring and formal training courses.
- Company wellbeing programme – running club, nutritionist sessions, free fruit and healthy snacks, mental health framework
- Health insurance
- Eyecare vouchers
- Flu jabs
- Company pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Performance related bonus
- Financial wellbeing initiatives
- Salary sacrifice schemes for Cycle to Work and Technology purchases
- Season Ticket Loan
- Charitable giving
- Generous holiday entitlement including an extra 3 days holiday to cover the Christmas period
- Flexible working
- Team away days
- Regular company socials