Senior Workplace Technology Engineer
BumbleLondona month ago
We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her, he/him, they/them, etc).
Bumble is looking for an enthusiastic and self motivated, hands-on Senior Workplace Technology Engineer.
The Workplace Technology team is responsible for providing the right technology tools to enable Bumble colleagues globally to do their work effortlessly - delivering the best colleague experience. In essence, our role is to make the rest of our colleagues as awesome as possible through the brilliant delivery of usable technology.
We are passionate about enabling our colleagues to communicate, collaborate and work effectively; and Workplace Technology provides the tools, systems and services that support this.
Ultimately, we are looking for an individual who is capable of delivering benefit to our stakeholders, improving User Experience, driving value and separating Bumble from its competitors by allowing our colleagues to work, collaborate & innovate in the most effective & frictionless way. As part of the wider Engineering Team, the Workplace Technology team design, develop, implement and operate all Identity & Collaboration services.
The Workplace Technology team is also involved in IT coordination of live events, office-related IT procurement and managing the comms room.
This role will be based in either London or Barcelona, reporting to the Head of Workplace Technology.
- Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the business, the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures:
- You will be passionate about continuously improving user experience, productivity and collaboration via modern workplace technologies.
- Design, develop, implement large-scale, high-capacity and highly resilient user identity, collaboration, productivity apps and security solutions.
- Contribute to the strategy, objectives and high-level plans for the Workplace Technology team, driving innovation through transformation and continual service improvement
- Designing, delivering, implementing and operating new and re-usable infrastructure solutions to meet both technological, financial and business requirements.
- Collaborate with other infrastructure and application teams, to create appropriate infrastructure solutions to facilitate both their and ultimately the business requirements
- Evaluation and onboarding of new Workplace Technology tools within the businessMentoring of junior members of the team
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role (3rd/4th Line)
- Experience designing and deploying solutions for large, complex global organisations
- Analytical and structured approach to design, process and advanced trouble-shooting
- Strong knowledge of cloud technologies particularly Google Workspaces
- Exposure to Office 365 & Azure Active Directory would be beneficial in the role
- Experience in deployment of cloud based & hybrid workstations.
- Strong knowledge of of End User Compute security practices
- Strong experience with scripting ie Python
- Exposure to MDM products like Jamf and Intune
- Experience with Service Desk ticketing systems such as Jira
- Good understanding of networking, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP etc
- You are comfortable in a fast-paced environment where you communicate daily with world-class talent from our various global teams
- You are positive and committed with a 'can-do' attitude and a flexible approach
- You are a problem solver and a forward thinker
- You are a self-starter: you thrive on taking ownership of initiatives with limited oversight
- You have excellent time management and you know how to manage multiple priorities, breaking large projects into manageable pieces
- You have great communication skills, both verbal and written
- You are deeply passionate about Bumble’s brand vision and values
With over 700 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:
- Flexible working hours
- Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes
- ‘Random Coffee’ - connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat
- ‘First Fridays’ - meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month
- Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19
- Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time
- You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
Bumble Inc. is the parent company of Badoo and Bumble, two of the world’s highest-grossing dating apps with millions of users worldwide. The Bumble platform enables people to connect and build equitable and healthy relationships. Founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014, the Bumble app was one of the first dating apps built with women at the center, and the Badoo app, which was founded in 2006, was one of the pioneers of web and mobile dating products. Bumble currently employs over 700 people in offices in Austin, Barcelona, London, and Moscow. For more information, please visit: https://team.bumble.com/