Senior User Researcher
We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Bumble is looking for a User Researcher in London, to help us deliver meaningful and inspiring experiences for our customers. Focussing on the Bumble and Badoo dating brands, you will lead initiatives to deepen customer understanding to fuel our product development process. Working in a cross-functional team you will be an advocate for our customers and their needs, championing them throughout every stage of development. You’ll be working on a global brand that is changing the lives of millions of people around the world already- and you’ll be helping us to grow and make an even more meaningful impact in the years to come. You will also be an integral part of the growth of our expanding research practice, helping us to scale into a world-class team.
You will be an experienced user research professional with a proven track record of delivering rich, actionable insights. You will also be comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment.
- Act as a partner and ally to designers, product managers, engineers and data analysts, to ensure that customer thinking is a core part of the product development process for the development and promotion of some of our core products
- Deliver inspirational, action-orientated and professional standard user research
- Deepen knowledge of our customers, their needs and uncover opportunities to better serve them
- Be comfortable in working on research across the product development cycle- from generative to evaluative, and everything in between
- Conduct research using a wide range of research methods- remote and in-person IDIs, lab sessions, unmoderated research, surveys, diary studies and ethnography
- Empower and train non-research stakeholders to conduct high quality, light touch research
- Identify new trends and opportunities which the business should act upon to deliver delightful and inspiring experiences
- Help build and scale the user research function- for example by mentoring junior researchers, educating on best practices, and expanding our methods and operations
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Approximately 5 years experience
- Experience of a broad range of qualitative user research methods. Bonus points if you are also comfortable with quantitative methodologies
- Comfort with running qualitative research studies yourself, from end to end
- Understanding of how to work with modern, agile research tools and techniques
- Comfort with generating insight to fuel the product development process
- Have a solid toolkit for helping stakeholders develop deep empathy with their customers
- A proven track record of socialising and embedding research findings to drive business outcomes- and a tool kit which helps you to do so
- Understanding of the nuances of running multi market, Global research studies. Bonus points if this includes experience of working in emerging markets
- Engaging, inspiring and clear communicator
- You know when to be scrappy and when to hold the line on methodological rigour
- We truly value our employees and we believe it is important to provide an environment that supports your wellbeing. Life at Bumble in London includes:
- Employee Incentive Plan (EIP)
- £2,000 annual personal learning & development budget
- Private Medical Insurance (PMI
- Private Dental Insurance
- Babylon Health app
- Mental health support
- Enhanced parental leave, including a highly competitive maternity package
- Subsidised gym membership
- ‘Double matched’ pension contributions up to 6%
- Plus loads of generous perks when we are in the office including breakfast, lunch and dinner, daily massages, free haircuts on-site, discounted nail services, regular socials, parties and family days.
- With over 600 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:
- Flexible working hours
- Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes
- ‘Random Coffee’ - connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat
- ‘First Fridays’ - meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month
- Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19
- Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time
- You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
Bumble is the parent company that operates Badoo and Bumble, two of the world’s largest dating and connection apps with a combined user base of over 600 million globally. The Bumble app was founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014. Bumble is majority-owned by Blackstone and has over 600 employees in offices in Austin, London, and Moscow.
The Bumble app
With over 100 million users, Bumble connects people across dating (Bumble Date), friendship (Bumble BFF) and professional networking (Bumble Bizz). No matter the type of relationship, women make the first move on Bumble. Bumble recognises the importance of relationships and how crucial they are to a healthy, happy life. They've built their platform around kindness, respect, and equality - and their users play an important part in that. Bumble holds its users accountable for their actions and has zero-tolerance for hate, aggression, or bullying. Bumble is available in 150 countries. Since 2014, Bumble has facilitated over a billion women-led first moves and over fifteen billion messages sent.
The Badoo app
Launched in 2006, Badoo is the dating app that encourages its users to date honestly. Badoo operates in 190 countries and is available in 51 different languages, making it the world's most widely-used dating network. The app is available on iOS, Android, and the web.