Senior Software Implementation Consultant
Learn AmpLondon24d ago
About Learn Amp
Learn Amp is the world’s no.1 next-gen learning platform. We’re a cloud-based SaaS solution that helps our customers deliver the very best blended Learning and Development to their employees.
Our mission is ‘making work life, work better’ for everyone. We achieve this by driving higher engagement, retention, and performance in people. Think of us as the best of LMS, LXP and performance improvement—all in one.
We’re a fast growing, award-winning business and we’re looking for a talented Senior Software Implementation Consultant to help our customers get off to the best possible start in their partnership with Learn Amp.
We’re based in a vibrant co-working space on Finsbury Square, 5 minutes’ walk from Old Street and Moorgate (8 minutes from Liverpool Street). Due to COVID-19, we’re currently working remotely.
Your role will be to act as a trusted advisor to our new customers and ensure they have a successful start to their Learn Amp Journey. To do this you’ll:
· onboard new customers to our ways of working and into using the platform
· manage complex software implementation projects in a customer facing capacity
· work with customer stakeholders and project teams (as well as our internal teams)
· provide in depth technical expertise where necessary
· act as an interface between the customer and our development team
· provide end user support, training and coaching throughout the process
· successfully deliver implementations—on time and within budget
You’ll report to the Chief Commercial Officer and work closely with multiple teams—Sales, Content, Support, and Customer Success—to ensure that we deliver on the solution we’ve sold to each customer.
This is a pivotal role. You’ll need to act as the ‘voice of the customer’ during this transitional stage, making sure to clearly articulate the needs of the customer, whilst also representing Learn Amp.
Success in this role will be measured by the ability to create positive relationships, manage expectations, and ensure we hit agreed deadlines.
We’ll also look to you to drive continual improvement of our processes and customer experience, whilst in time, further shaping and growing the Implementation function.
You should have 2 – 4 years’ experience as an Implementation Consultant/Specialist or in a similarly technical or project management-type role.
Alternatively, you’ve worked as an experienced L&D professional for a mid-market or enterprise-size business. You understand what it takes to successfully implement and manage a digital learning platform.
Ideally, you have experience of working in a start-up for a B2B SaaS company in the HR, L&D or EdTech space.
Your strengths include strong technical experience, exceptional relationship building and project management skills. You find it easy to manage a complex workload, solve problems and communicate well with all those you interact with.
What you will do
- Onboard new customers efficiently and effectively
- Deliver against and improve on our implementation methodology
- Deliver on customer objectives on-time and on-budget
- Work closely with our Tech and Support teams to ensure technical work is delivered in a timely and structured way
- Brief and work with our Tech team to meet technical requirements or resolve issues
- Monitor and report on key metrics to customers and the Learn Amp leadership team
2. Customer management
- Build a trusted advisor relationship with key customer stakeholders—be positive and light-hearted
- Negotiate with customers to manage expectations and resolve any issues
- Have excellent verbal and written communication—you’re able to communicate with customers in a clear and concise manner
- Manage customer stakeholders to ensure Learn Amp’s interests are well represented
- Use Monday.com (our Project Management tool) to manage deliverables
- Use HubSpot CRM to keep customer information up to date
- Deliver a successful handover to Customer Success
- Automate process and workflows to save time and improve customer experience
- Work with internal teams on product feedback and service improvements
- Shape the Implementation function as we scale to run effectively and efficiently
- Clear, confident, and persuasive communicator — you can build a rapport quickly and create strong relationships
- Have a good understanding of the digital learning space and systems like Learn Amp
- Process driven and operationally minded with experience in automating processes
- Tech savvy — you have experience collaborating with a Tech team
- Strong project management skills — you have a proven ability to manage multiple complex projects with various external and internal stakeholders.
- A critical and creative mind who enjoys problem solving, getting results, and contributing to the continuous improvement of the service
- Ability to prioritise, multi-task and perform effectively under pressure
- Capability to hire, motivate and manage as we build out the team
- Bonus points if you’re familiar with HubSpot and Monday.com!
As well as the specific skills and expertise above, we look for the following traits in anyone who joins the Learn Amp team:
- Autonomy - self-starter and motivated to manage yourself based on broad objectives and key results
- Integrity - work in an open, authentic, ethical and fair manner
- Curiosity - keen to explore ideas and ways of working with a flexible, growth mindset
- Creativity - always looking for new ways to improve and innovate
- Impactful - focus on delivering a positive impact, quickly; being action orientated
- Resilient - resourceful in managing your workload and overcoming any setbacks
Salary and perks
- Salary: £40,000 — £50,0000 dependent on prior experience
- Flexible working: mix of working remotely and in our London office
- Regular events in our office space, plus our learning lunches and socials
- Workplace pension
- 25 days paid holiday
At Learn Amp, we embrace diversity and foster an inclusive environment for people to feel fulfilled at work. This is central to our mission ‘making work life, work better.
Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds and we know that some people are less likely to apply for the role unless they’re 100% qualified — if you’re unsure, please apply.
We're hiring on a rolling basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible.