We are looking for a senior software engineer to come onboard and join our growing product team, with a particular focus on our React frontend software. If you are an engineer who loves to build beautiful and user friendly interfaces, solve exciting problems and make data come alive, we would love to chat to you!
We know that no single discipline has all the answers needed to design out waste and grow hardware services, and we've found that the best new ideas come from dedicated collaboration between different fields. We firmly believe that to do that well, we need to build a diverse, empowered and cross-functional team.
🧩 Your role
- You will be responsible for the front end experience of our products, primarily the lifecycle platform, a NextJS Typescript React application.
- You will be involved in every part of solving problems for our customers, from product to business to technology decisions being made
- You will be part of a growing product & engineering team using the latest technologies and frameworks for delivering great software
- You will help and influence the culture, not just in the product team but in the business overall
- Implementing many small views over a single set of data
- Architecting a multi-tenant white-labelled saas with isolated data and access controls
- Spinning up new experiment prototype services very rapidly for customers in the pilots
- Integrating with multiple third party services on the backend, and building architecture to support pluggable APIs
- Quickly building polished front-ends to support different feature experiments
🥇 Your experience
- You will have built and launched products using React and Typescript, functioning at architect or senior level
- You're deeply experienced in the frontend, but also comfortable working in the backend (writing Typescript business logic and API routes)
- We are going to visualise a fair deal of data so experience with visualisation & charting libraries would be great!
- You understand the importance of testing front-end components, utilising unit, integration and end-to-end testing models (Jest/Cypress) and continuous integration and deployment workflows
- You can demonstrate knowledge of front-end system design, interaction with backend APIs, and performance/security considerations
- You understand common UX patterns and are able to identify and mitigate UX design risks early in the development process
Twist is an equal opportunities employer and we would encourage you to apply even if you feel like you do not tick all the boxes.
📦 The Package
We are offering a competitive equity package 0.5-1% and salary in the range of £70,000 to £85,000
♻️ Our mission
We're helping electronics producers be better stewards of their products and the planet. Only ≈15% of electronics end up being recycled and an even higher percentage are left unused. These symbols of our progression as a society are responsible for our rapid environmental decay. We're here to change that.
We build software for electronics companies who are operating producer owned models: that's when a company owns, looks after and ultimately recycles it's products. Charging it's customers to access them. Like an e-scooter sharing platform or a robotics as-a-service business. Which are are not only climate compatible but also brilliant user centric business models.
Our platform solves for two problems that prevent companies from making the switch to this model. Digitising the new operations they will need, now they are the custodians of their products lifecycle. And accessing capital to help smooth out the longer payback periods these models have.
We're building a set of tools and integrations that lets producers manage the lifecycles of their products. We quantify the economic and environmental impact of their products lifecycle. Using this data to give producers instant access to their products future earnings, to help them with working and growth capital. This same data creates a detailed green financial product for our lenders.
🧘♀️ Taking care of yourself
Health and happiness
We want to support our employees health and happiness. Everyone's version of that is different so we're trusting you to spend your £100 per month allowance on what makes sense for you.
We don’t have set holiday days. We trust you to act in the best interest of the company, to us that means being well rested. We want you to have control and be able to observe what’s important to you — including taking time off when your mind and body need a break. Some people need a bit more of a push when it comes to taking holiday so your manager will make sure you take at least 25 days off a year and generally gloat about their latest hiking trip.
📈 Doing your best work
We are working in a hybrid model where we have set days in the office and on the other days you can work where you want to. Right now we're loving having set time to workshop and collaborate, where we make sure the intensity is high.
We know that no single discipline has all the answers needed to help us realise the economic and environmental benefits of our vision. We’ve found that the best ideas come from dedicated collaboration between different fields. We firmly believe that to do that well, we need to build a diverse, empowered and cross functional team.
High performance environment
We have a real dedication to our mission. We know for us to realise it, that we need to push each other to do our best work. This means supporting and motivating each other to be braver and communicating clearly how we can each improve.
We value flat hierarchies, clear communication full ownership and responsibility. We want you to bring forward anything that you think will help us be a better business. To feel empowered to make big bets that can have a major impact and be comfortable to shine a light on your mistakes if it doesn't come off.