Senior Ruby/Rails Developer
Heist Studios LtdLondon, UK1M ago
Set up in 2015, we’ve raised $10m investment to build Lab12, an in-house innovation laboratory. Our Lab12 team applies the same level of physiological research and technological innovation to underwear that is used in the sportswear category. We create elevated everyday underwear that looks, feels and performs.
Our Senior Ruby/Rails Developer (6 month Fixed Term Contract)
This tech role will be responsible for development at Heist while we work towards an off-the-shelf ecommerce solution. The main focus is:
· Using Ruby on Rails, develop our backend order management and integration hub/service.
· Maintain and update our underlying tech stack.
· Develop integrations with our partners (BigCommerce, Klaviyo, SEKO)
· Ruby – proficiency min 8 years
· Rails – 5 years (ideally significant experience with Rails 4)
· Heroku development and deployment
· Database development, PostgreSQL and SQL (8 years)
· Object oriented programming and design patters
· Test driven development
· Git & Github
· Amazon Web Services
· Web development tools – Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager
· BigCommerce (ideally experienced but not a requirement)
· Comfortable in a highly collaborative and communicative workplace and keen to share skills and knowledge with our team
· A keen practitioner of secure coding practices
· Experience replatforming
Working at Heist
We aim to embody inclusivity, equality and diversity in everything we do. We strive for Heist to be a workplace where everyone can grow and flourish and are a constant work in progress towards this goal.
We’re a small team who work collaboratively, and without much hierarchy, on solving challenges and we’re committed to pushing boundaries to transform women’s underwear.
We promote and are set up for flexible working across working hours and location. When the team meets up our office and Lab12 is based in Clerkenwell, London.
*Unlimited annual leave
*An equity based Employee Incentive Scheme (for permanent employees)
*Cutting-edge tech environment
*50% employee + family & friends discount on Heist products
We’d love you to apply. To apply, send your CV and a few words explaining why you’d like to be part of Heist’s mission to email@example.com.