Senior Product Manager
We are: News UK, a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for storytelling, capturing moments, meaning and magic to make sense of the world. Our newspapers reach more than 30 million people each week and include The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times. News UK is also home to Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company boasting independent local and national radio stations including talkSPORT, VirginRadio, talkRADIO and Times Radio.
We are Technology: A department that has people and product at its heart. Lead by Christina Scott CTO of the Year (Tech Leaders) 2017, who comes with many years experience transforming technology in media companies. Christina has set out our vision of ‘passionate and trusted experts creating industry-leading solutions through attracting and developing the best talent’.
Your team: The Sun is one of the UK’s strongest brands and, like all media organisations, is having to adapt rapidly to overcome the uncertainties of a fast-moving digital world. Our website The Sun is more than a newspaper. It is an instigator, an entertainer, a cultural reference point, a finger on the pulse, a daily relationship. The Sun product team owns several digital products across the brand, including; Sun Savers, Sun Web and Mobile Apps, and the Sun Classic digital newspaper
Your role: Working in the Sun product team, you will be responsible for managing a cross functional team across the Sun Web Product, in the discovery and implementation of new and existing streams that support the business missions.
You will collaborate closely with business stakeholders to implement features and improvements that are in line with the overall product strategy, using data at the heart of your decisions and test and learn as your methodology.
You will coach and mentor a product team that will support you in delivering the product roadmap, allowing you to focus on wider product strategy and supporting the Head of Product in shaping the future of the products.
Your key responsibilities include:
- End to end strategic management and delivery of products in line with business missions.
- Manage the Sun websites development roadmap, providing options to stakeholder groups in order to gain approval.
- Prioritise requests in order to achieve the greatest business value, with efficiency of time.
- Build and own stakeholder relationships across all levels.
- Work with the wider technology teams as a key stakeholder in the delivery of the joined up technology roadmap.
- Advise on digital product capabilities and new technologies through your thorough knowledge of the market.
- Coach/mentor a direct report to correctly prioritise deliverables according to highest business value.
What we’re looking for from you:
- Relevant experience in a portfolio/product management role, with a track record of commercial and/or technical achievement.
- High degree of technical acumen.
- Significant and demonstrable experience in leading and delivering complex digital products in the relevant field.
- Able to deliver to tight timescales, to innovate and 'think outside the box' to deliver products and solutions that meet customers stated requirements.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and relationship management skills to C Level Executives.
- Demonstrable leadership and influencing skills at a senior level.
What’s in it for you? We are a diverse and dynamic team, with opportunities to learn and develop your skills in a supportive environment. We have an amazing office, a flexible working pattern and a great team culture. We’ll help you deliver your best work and grow you with career and personal development through training, conferences and courses.
We take pride in looking after our amazing talent at News UK. Alongside pay, we offer:
- A generous pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5%;
- A comprehensive private medical scheme covering pre-existing conditions;
- Maternity leave of up to 18 weeks full basic salary and paternity leave of up 2 weeks full basic salary;
- Discounted rates for Fitness First gym membership for employees and immediate family.
- A range of different flexible working options, which can be requested by employees;
- Interest free commuter loan of up to £10,000 tax free
- ‘Bikes For Work’ scheme to save income tax and national insurance;
- Up to four Volunteering Days per year for employees to use on charities of choice;
- Health and wellbeing benefits including on-site physio/massage, counselling, legal advice, and others.
We are a diverse team and strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential. We want to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised, utilised and celebrated. News UK is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to providing equal
opportunities for all its employees and applicants. We oppose all forms of discrimination in the workplace. We thrive when we champion diversity and inclusion. We make better decisions, we’re stronger and happier, and it’s the right thing to do.