Senior Product Designer - UX/UI
OriFully remote (GMT +/- 3 hrs)23 days ago
Are you a motivated and experienced product designer who leads a design function? How would you like to take centre stage in one of the UK’s leading technology scaleups?
What’s your new role about?
Being the sole designer (for now) in a highly innovative environment, you would establish the design processes and manage the design system, scaling the product and advocating for the customer.
Your role primarily focuses on the design element (interaction design, visual design, usability testing) and less so on the research element. You’d be involved in the discovery process (user interviews, competitive research, scoping and prioritising).
We’re working with the world’s leading network providers to build the next generation of the cloud, one that offers new ways to deliver modern applications with unparalleled performance and instant scalability.
Our Ori Global Edge platform connects high performance software deployments, such as industrial IoT, gaming and critical infrastructure, with the lowest-latency compute from the world's best connected networks.
Ori is a deeptech, Series-A scaleup backed by leading investors, including Episode 1, Force Over Mass Capital, Addition and Telefonica.
We’re a pioneering team of engineers, architects and designers solving real-world problems to make scalable edge computing a reality. We’d love you to join us.
Here’s a breakdown of what you’ll do (not all of it, just the most important stuff)
- Collate and translate customer needs to define, test and evolve product solutions
- Design compelling user experiences at all stages of the customer journey, from learning about the product to onboarding and advanced usage
- Create internal and customer-facing prototypes for communication and feedback
- Help to validate and refine product direction from micro (user stories and usability) to macro (roadmap and strategy) by gathering feedback from users
- Work collaboratively with engineering, marketing & product management to drive strategic product outcomes
- Conduct a variety of generative and evaluative research methods
- Identify new opportunities to solve valuable customer problems
- Design and facilitate team workshops
These are the essentials you’ll need to be successful in this role
- Strong experience as a product designer
- Demonstrable success designing digital products, web applications, dashboards and systems, beyond websites
- Experience working through design problems end-to-end, from research and scoping to hi-fidelity polished mockups and testing
- A background working in highly-technical environments that has allowed you to hone your skills designing complex solutions across numerous technologies
- Strong communication skills; an ability to clearly explain designs and deeply collaborate with engineering, marketing & product management teams
- Proactivity in identifying new opportunities to solve valuable customer problems - we are looking for a motivated self-starter who will lead the design and iteration of our SaaS platform
- Ability to research user needs in order to discover patterns, collate results and brainstorm solutions
- Ability to create polished, hi-fidelity designs and interactive prototypes, using tools such as Figma, Framer and Invision
It would be great if you had these too, but we’ll support you if you don’t
- Experience working with Enterprise-level customers
- Interest in new emerging technologies
- Knowledge of the edge computing space and Kubernetes
- Experience of public cloud solutions such as Azure, AWS or GCP
- Ability to create custom brand illustrations and/or icons is a nice-to-have, but not essential
Putting our people first
- We believe that equality and inclusion create a more collaborative, more successful environment, where you can recognise and reach your potential.
- Your diverse life experiences, background and perspectives matter to us. We’re about culture-add, not culture-fit, and we’ll help you apply these qualities to extraordinary challenges.
- Whether you’re learning new technologies, making decisions with imperfect information, or developing new skills, we’ll be there to support you.
Here are the benefits you’ll get when you join us
- Option scheme, private health insurance, 5% employer pension contributions
- Work remotely from home or a local co-working space; meet up with colleagues throughout the year
- Paid maternity, paternity & adoption leave
- Training and professional development, supported by an annual budget
- Generous, flexible holiday allowance