Senior Product Designer
*When applying to this opportunity, please state that you applied via the YSYS jobs board.
We’re seeking a Senior Product Designer to join our team at an exciting time for our business. You’ll be helping to grow our success as an AI-first platform, working across all stages of the product design process, with the main focus on Design Systems.
From the outset you will work closely with designers, product managers and engineers to find innovative solutions that enhance the user experience for our customers. You’ll also be passionate about the craft and process of building world-class products. You will play a crucial role in the design team, providing components, guidelines and standards for us to adopt.
The role offers a unique opportunity to join an early-stage, highly mission-driven team where you’ll have the ability to make a significant impact on our company and our users.
We are a pro-diversity company and passionate about bringing together people of all backgrounds, because we know that a diverse team will help us achieve our mission sooner.
What you’ll be doing – main responsibilities:
- Working within the product team to define the customers’ and the business problems
- Define and uphold design standards, guidelines and best practices
- Develop and maintain the library of UI components (Sketch, Figma)
- Take responsibility for the design of the design system site and branding
- Building high-fidelity designs for the product.
- Participate in ongoing design reviews and iterations during the sprint
- Use behavioural and research data to support designs, substantiating work with quantitative, behavioural data, customer feedback and usability findings.
- Run and facilitate Usability tests and design workshops
- A portfolio featuring example of product design work and thinking
- Ability to create pixel-perfect designs and detailed specifications for components, patterns, interactions and behaviours
- Experience with and passion for modular design, systems and technology
- Experience working across web, mobile web and native environments
- Ability to articulate design decisions and the value of design systems to our internal and external stakeholders
- Be comfortable working with tools such as Figma, Sketch, Zeplin, Invision or similar.
- Strong experience in designing and maintaining cross-platform design system
- Experience in designing for Data Visualisations
What’s in it for you:
- Salary: £60K – 70K / year (dependent on experience) or local equivalent
- 22 days’ holiday, plus England’s public holidays, plus Christmas to New Year
- Paid maternity, paternity, adoption or shared parental leave
- Automatic enrolment into our pension scheme
- £1000 / year training budget, for books, conferences, courses etc.
- External video or text counselling and mental health support
- Opportunities to learn, grow and thrive with support from talented and empathetic team mates
Fuller list of benefits on our main career page – we’re an early stage startup and currently reviewing our benefits in light of becoming a remote-first company. We are committed to ensuring that we support our team in developing in line with their aspirations and talents as well as continuing to develop our culture in line with our values.
This job will be primarily remote for at least the remainder of 2020 and quite probably beyond. As we are currently establishing our norms around working remotely, we would anticipate that you will need to visit London approximately once a quarter using environmentally-conscious travel, and we will help with this. Cervest’s core hours are 10:00 – 16:00 UK time, so please ensure you can cover that period each weekday.
For a confidential, informal discussion on Cervest and the role, please feel free to contact Ernesta Baniulyte at email@example.com.