Senior Product Designer
Unmind LimitedLondon Bridge, London16d ago
Unmind is a workplace mental health platform. We empower organisations and employees to measurably improve their mental health. We do this by providing clinically-backed assessments, tools, training, and signposting that anyone within an organisation can use to proactively improve their mental wellbeing. Our digital platform is beautifully designed, non-stigmatising and globally scalable – helping to create healthier, happier, more human organisations around the world.
Unmind is transforming mental health in the workplace. We have developed a category-leading digital platform, raised over £10m from top-tier investors, and signed over 80+ clients globally – including the likes of John Lewis, British Airways, and Just Eat... but we’re just getting started.
We believe that everyone has the right to a healthy mind – because we all have mental health, all of the time – and we’re striving to create a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated.
The Role - Senior Product Designer
We're looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer to join our team. As a Product Designer at Unmind, you’ll be working closely with our Product and Engineering teams to craft functional and beautiful experiences. You, being a core member of the team, will contribute to the most imperative parts of the product development process at Unmind, which includes understanding user needs through research, conceptualising complex ideas into interactive prototypes, validating ideas through user testing, designing detailed high-fidelity interfaces, collaborating with the Engineering team to ensure high quality implementation, and exhaustively testing the product to be confident that we’re shipping a product that meets all requirements.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team on a daily basis including product managers, software engineers, and content creators.
- Own every aspect of the product's design, from doing preliminary research, solving the core user challenge to shipping a well-tested and pixel-perfect UI
- Precisely articulate design rationale to members of the team
- Prototype to clearly communicate requirements to the Engineering team
- Collaborate with peers on the design team to ensure designs are conceptually sound and fit into the bigger picture
- Help build cohesive a design system
- Give and receive design critique to help constantly refine our work
- Champion for inclusivity and accessibility in everything we ship
- Mentor new designers that join the design team
- Give form to ideas by being the voice and owner of product design decisions
- Help make high-level strategic decisions in conjunction with the design and product teams
- Continually help push our team’s creative, visual, and interactive design capabilities
- Help the company meet business goals by understanding client/user needs and delivering on work that moves the needle
- Advocate for effective best practices to improve multidisciplinary collaboration
Skills & experience
As with any B2B organisation, the success of Unmind depends on every member of staff being professional, amicable, and building strong relationships – both internally and with external stakeholders. Our ideal candidate traits are as follows:
- 5-6 years of experience designing products end-to-end
- Experience designing and shipping applications
- Ability to communicate articulately your thoughts and motivations
- A keen eye for visual UI details
- Self-motivated and able to efficiently run with a project without close supervision
- Passionate about creating products that resonate emotionally with our users
- Along with core principles of product design, you also have a deep understanding of composition, typography, balance, symmetry, and white space
- A strong portfolio of past work, which includes detailed mockups and interactive prototypes
At Unmind, we believe in uniting behind uniqueness. We believe our differences are what unites us as humans, and we seek out diverse opinions, beliefs, and experiences because they collectively make us stronger. We are committed to building an inclusive workplace and encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work. However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, we welcome you to apply for a role at Unmind.
You will be joining a strong, talented team of ~80 people who are deeply passionate about making a positive dent to the landscape of mental health worldwide. We have incredible investors, partners, clients, advocates, and ambitions... which is where you come in.
Our future success(es) will rely on the continuation of that momentum – of which our ability to find, attract, and retain exceptional people (whilst retaining our strong culture and values) will be paramount.
- Great colleagues (personally and professionally)
- Competitive salary
- Personal budgets for L&D and wellbeing initiatives
- Choose your own equipment and setup
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday day off
- Gender-neutral parental leave policy (inc. adoption)
- Regular company socials and activities
- Optional team walks, runs, tennis, yoga, and mindfulness sessions
- Office perks (free on-site gym, rooftop seating, community events)
- Culture of continuous learning
- Dog-friendly workplace