Mission of role: To grow the You Change It client base - we’re looking for 360 degree business development leads
Reporting to: Founding CEO
Location: Mix of home working and office based (YMI co-working @ Shed, London) with client visits where required
Start date: February/ March 2022
Length: Ongoing subject to passing 3-6 month probation and achieving sales targets
This is a critical role to generate your own leads and take them to close, as well as leads from the rest of the internal senior management team that you’ll be a part of. While reporting to our CEO and working closely with the Senior Programmes & Partnership Manager, you will access the wider trustee team and advisors including Nikhil Shah, an independent business consultant and entrepreneur.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
You will put together a clear, focused business development strategy that identifies key target sectors, ideal company size, and sales process from lead generation to close. Key responsibilities are to:
- Own the entire sales pipeline – from generating new leads, to nurturing and developing leads you receive, to taking these leads through to close;
- Analyse the sales pipeline metrics, using these insights to identify areas to improve the overall sales process
- Report to the senior management team and update the YMI board at quarterly meetings;
- Lead on the creation of best in class new business collateral, with the support of our designer;
- Clearly understand and communicate the importance of the work we do in a compelling, passionate and intelligent way;
- Understand the wider cultural and historic context around anti-racism ally-ship and why this work is important;
- Work closely with the senior manager on day to day workflow and report into the CEO;
- Be an active member of a small charity with big impact. You will be taking ownership of this work;
- Look for strategic growth opportunities;
- Understand the challenges and barriers to securing sales and bringing the learning back into the organisation to strategise ways to overcome them; and
- Be responsible for your own administration.
WHAT KIND OF PERSON ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Someone with at least 2 years of proven experience that matches the job role
- A brilliant active listener with a strong ability to reflect back to the client what their needs are and how they can be met by YCI
- An authentically confident communicator, someone unphased by hierarchy, who is equally comfortable speaking with a Chief Exec or Board Member as with anyone else
- Someone with enormous energy and enthusiasm for the role and the organisation
- Someone with huge resilience - business development always comes with no’s, you won’t be derailed by them
- Someone who truly cares about the mission of the work we are doing at YMI and through YCI
NOTE: We are very keen to hear from someone with lived experience of what it feels like to be on the receiving end of racism.
Salary: £40-50k FTE (£32-40k pro rata on a 4 day week basis) + competitive commission paid every 6 months
Benefits: Pension starts after 3 months and is 5.25% employer’s contribution (1.75% employee’s). We also make a financial contribution towards therapy and a wellness budget.