Senior Multiplayer Programmer
We're on a mission to unite the digital and physical worlds.
We are an immersive design and innovation company. We’re focused on the challenges around uniting the digital and physical worlds and finding solutions that enhance the way we work, play, and relate to each other.
We are working on a groundbreaking and innovative product which will define a new way of working in the emerging landscape of mixed reality and spatial computing.
And we need your help to make it happen.
- Planning, designing and implementing solutions to a broad range of technical problems
- Working with your lead or on your own to define the system plan and scope of the work
- Contributing information and expertise to help plan projects
- Working with project engineering lead and technical director to define how the Multiplayer specialism affects project plans and studio initiatives
- Proactively identifying potential project problems and providing possible solutions
- Identifying risks and mitigation in the Multiplayer area at the project level
- Developing solutions that are simple to read, easy to maintain and easy for other disciplines to interact with
- Communicating with other team members to ensure creative, quality and budgetary goals are met
- Communicating technical issues to non-technical members of staff
- Supporting junior members of staff and helping to mentor and develop the programming talent within the studio
- Contributing to the improvement of working practices on a project and discipline basis
- Defining best practices in the Multiplayer area
- Defining best practices, technology, tools, pipelines and processes within the Multiplayer specialism
- BSc in Computer Science or a related field, or relevant professional experience
- Advanced knowledge of C++
- Advanced comprehension of .Net
- Experience working on the networking layer for multiplayer titles
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- A strong grasp of linear algebra
- A demonstrable understanding of algorithmic performance characteristics
- An understanding of performance considerations; able to use a range of profiling and debugging tools to identify and fix performance issues
- Developed skills in communication when working with teams
- A fundamental understanding of the Multiplayer specialism and experience applying it in a project setting
- Able to make high-level design choices and define technical standards within the Multiplayer area
- Able to identify issues, edge case and ramifications of decisions made in the Multiplayer area; can plan for and take responsibility for outcomes
- Able to take a project-agnostic, entirely novel technical feature and develop it to a high level of completion
- A passion for cutting edge technology, and willingness to explore new skills and techniques
- Proactive in planning self-development and improvement within the Multiplayer specialism
Nice to have:
- A strong understanding of the underlying engine architecture of UE4
Why join us?
We are dedicated to immersive.
It’s not just an add on, it’s the core of our business. You will work with some of the smartest people in the industry, who are literally designing and building the future. Our award-winning team has worked on challenges at the intersection of tech, creative, games, art, film, and design for over eight years.
We are designers, not just builders.
We are obsessed with the user experience. Our technical expertise and creativity allow us to look at challenges in fresh ways to find solutions that offer true value.
Be part of a dynamic team.
We’re talented individuals, but together we have superpowers. We believe that collaboration, curiosity, and creativity combined leads to discovery. We embrace what others would shy away from because we believe in our collective ability.
Work with the latest technology.
We are flexible and nimble enough to take advantage of the latest technology advances and we are tech agnostic, so we always use the best tools for the job.
Join a happy studio.
Each one of us matters and contributes to making REWIND genuine, vibrant, and progressive. We value diverse thinking and perspectives, collaboration, and cooperation and offer a supportive and relaxed environment, in a studio bursting with ideas and ambition.
We look at the small things that make a difference, like (virtual) drinks on a Friday, and free coffee from the local coffee shop. But, we also ensure the big things are in place too, from the highest level of private health care to flexible start and finish times.