This PlaceLondon1M ago
This Place are a digital retail agency here to help retailers and brands move fast to navigate turbulent times. We do that by solving digital problems that stand in the way of driving profit and long term growth. Driven by purpose as much as profit, we design websites, apps and digital services used by millions of people daily.
Our process blends business consulting and digital design to balance customer needs with commercial goals, and make sure our clients businesses are adaptable to change. It’s grounded in data at every step, and empowers teams to envision bold new customer experiences.
We’re a small team of carefully curated experts across the globe, focused on results, we come from retail, strategy, design, and technology backgrounds in large enterprises and are united by our passion to use digital to improve people’s lives, make better businesses and leave a lasting impact on the world. We’re part agency, part consultancy, true partner.
Join us and you’ll work on complex problems that drive you to learn and grow quickly; be empowered to make an impact; help us drive greater diversity & inclusion across the industry; and become part of a tight-knit team who love coming to work everyday.
The Role of Senior Designer:
As we continue to grow our business, we are on the hunt for a driven, self-starting individual to take on a key role in our UK Design practice supporting our global client base across a variety of strategic design projects.
Reporting to the Associate Experience Design Director, the Senior Designer is responsible for leading the design track of key client engagements and working closely with multi-disciplinary teams.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Designing screens and experiences with the latest Prototyping, UI, and UX tools
- Working with other design practitioners to conceive, develop, and test concepts
- Working with, validating, and building design systems and libraries
- Working with and collaborating with clients
- Producing end-to-end, multi-channel customer experiences
- Contributing to the definition of strategic experience visions & principles
- Undertaking quantitative and qualitative research studies (e.g. trends analysis, competitor experience assessments, and customer/usability research)
- Analysing and drawing insights and meaningful conclusions from this research
- Designing and facilitating immersive client workshops
- Contributing to new business by co-creating ideas and concepts
- Mentoring and guiding junior team members
- Contributing to the development and growth of the Design Practice and the wider business
Requirements for the role:
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience in product design
- Strong written, visual, and personal presentational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Familiarity with using design thinking or other relevant design methodologies
- Experience delivering a range of product and service design outputs (e.g. primary/secondary research, data analysis, creation of service blueprints, journey mapping, persona/segment development, wireframing, prototyping, user flows, heuristic evaluation, usability testing, competitive audits etc.)
- Expertise with design tools, such as Sketch, Figma, ProtoPie, Principle, etc.
- Experience designing and facilitating workshops
- Ability to think strategically
- Familiarity with with a range of research and testing techniques and knowing when and how to apply the appropriate approach
- Experience guiding and mentoring junior team members
- Ability to travel as required (minimal)
- Strong e-commerce and retail experience is preferred
Nice to haves:
- BA in Design or related subject
- Motion design experience i.e. After Effects
- Proven experience in designing and delivering enterprise scale digital products and services
- Competitive salary
- Access to shares scheme (awarded to employees subject to business performance)
- Company pension
- 24 days annual leave
- Flexible working policy
- Summer (international) and winter (UK) team conferences
- Macbook laptop
- Personal training budget
- Dog friendly office in the heart of London’s Shoreditch
This is a pivotal role in the development of This Place and our continuing success and one which will provide an opportunity for continued growth.