Senior Data Centre Technician
BumbleLondona month ago
We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her, he/him, they/them, etc).
We're looking for a skilled, hands-on Data Centre professional, who will provide a variety of services to keep computer data servers and hardware networks operating smoothly. This is a full-time position for the EMEA market. It is required a periodical visit to Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Prague, and London for deployment and maintenance of servers. We're driven by our mission: building relationships in a safe, equal and healthy way.
- install, arrange, and dismount data servers and network equipment according to detailed plans.
- upgrade and repair servers, switches, and routers. Adding, removing, replacing components (CPU, RAM, HDD, NIC, etc.) using instructions.
- connect, arrange and disconnect tones of copper and fiber cables.
- organize cabling in the cabinets.
- maintain an accurate inventory of tools, equipment, and network devices
- perform urgent repairs outside of business hours.
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Have demonstrable experience in running hardware diagnostics and replacing failing parts.
- Passionate about cables, wires, jumpers, and organized cable structures.
- Collaboration with software and networking engineering teams to fix issues and improve the performance of equipment.
- You're self-driven and can work effectively with little supervision.
- You can work in server rooms where usual office noise, machine noise, or construction noise is present.
- You're not afraid to operate in tight spaces, running cables with ladders etc..
- You're able to explain the complicated technical process in a simple way to non-technical staff
With over 700 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:
- Flexible working hours
- Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes
- ‘Random Coffee’ - connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat
- ‘First Fridays’ - meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month
- Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19
- Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time
- You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
Bumble Inc. is the parent company of Badoo and Bumble, two of the world’s highest-grossing dating apps with millions of users worldwide. The Bumble platform enables people to connect and build equitable and healthy relationships. Founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014, the Bumble app was one of the first dating apps built with women at the center, and the Badoo app, which was founded in 2006, was one of the pioneers of web and mobile dating products. Bumble currently employs over 700 people in offices in Austin, Barcelona, London, and Moscow. For more information, please visit: https://team.bumble.com/