Senior Backend Engineer
Project VaultLondon10 days ago
We are in the early (for which read ‘fun’) stages of building a new class of service which fundamentally changes the way that people manage their homes and their lives.
We’re still being coy about the details in public, but would love to share more under NDA.
What we can say is that it’s a serious founding & engineering team, led by Greg Marsh, a former venture capitalist who led the team that built & sold onefinestay for $200m, Glen Walker, Jon Rudoe and Rogerio Candeias – and that it has already attracted significant seed investment.
We can also say that we are looking for someone to come and implement a new breed of automation tools, working closely with product leadership and design.
As one of the first engineers in the room, this is the chance for you to help shape a new category of consumer product. This will entail building new automation tools across a breadth of mediums that will reduce - and hopefully eliminate - the amount of work that users need to do in some of their life’s chores. The path to get there is full of unique engineering challenges as we write code that needs a high level of flexibility, operationability and resilience.
We’ll pay a competitive salary & offer an options package to reflect our early stage.
- Working with our world-class product cross functional team to bring a delightful user experience to life
- Architect, build and manage our backend services that automate a user’s life chores
- Build resilient and robust integrations to service providers at scale, with continuous monetization
- Understand when to take shortcuts and when to build to a high spec
- Learn and teach other on best practices
- Contribute from the earliest stages to product strategy and company culture
- Production experience building or architecting web backends from prototype to internet scale
- Experience using Python (or other languages such as Ruby, Go, Kotlin or JS) and used any of the following web frameworks: Django, Flask and FastAPI
- Deep understanding of AWS and its components (we think in terms of Serverless but also Kubernetes)
- You solve for user and product outcomes, not just for engineering
- Understands how to abstract processes and how to reuse components
- Strong believer and practitioner of Infrastructure as Code (we love Terraform)
- Familiarity with CI / CD pipelines and other developer tools
- A well-developed empathy for how others experience the world
- You love to help customers achieve more and better things
- Very high tolerance for ambiguity
- Highly driven