Research & Intelligence Associate
PUBLICLondon / Remotea month ago
Research and Intelligence Associate
Role closes - 11:59pm, 24th May 2021 GMT (Europe/London)
£25,000-£30,000 dependent on experience
London (temporarily remote)
The Research and Intelligence Associate will form a key part of PUBLIC’s growing Research and Intelligence Team, supporting with data collection, analysis and insight to support PUBLIC’s investment and venture building activities. The Research and Intelligence Associate will also help to contribute towards PUBLIC’s research and advisory projects undertaken in partnership with European governments.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Supporting PUBLIC's government advisory and digital transformation projects, working with a range of international government partners.
- Conducting research and analysis activities in different GovTech verticals, especially health and social technology, policing and justice, and smart cities, in order to derive understanding of key market trends and priorities.
- Disseminating learnings and findings to members of the internal PUBLIC team to support business units across the company.
- Researching, analysing and meeting with GovTech startups, contributing towards building a pipeline of startups for PUBLIC’s acceleration and investment activities.
- Analysing key data sources, such as government spend and contract data, to understand and uncover opportunities for PUBLIC portfolio companies.
- Supporting on PUBLIC’s external research projects, especially its ongoing projects with European governments.
- Contributing towards PUBLIC’s external thought-leadership work, including writing articles and commentary on trends in GovTech.
Who we are looking for
- The selected candidate will have some experience working in technology research, consulting or venture, as well as an interest in PUBLIC’s core mission of using technology to transform public services.The selected candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in startups, technology, venture capital or government.
- Interest in PUBLIC’s mission of supporting technology companies to solve major public challenges.
- The ability to achieve to an exceptional standard in your chosen area (this can be in professional, academic or extracurricular pursuits).
- A high level of resourcefulness and determination.
- Excellent written English.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with external stakeholders.
- The ability to work independently and manage a varied workload.
- The ability to work as part of a team in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Additional desired skills include:
- Experience conducting data collection and analysis.
- Experience with organising or running events.
- Proficiency in another language (especially Dutch, French or German)
What you don't need
- A traditional educational background, or university degree
PUBLIC helps technology startups transform public services. We provide insight, support, networks, and capital to entrepreneurs with the latest and most innovative ideas, helping them to improve the lives of citizens through enhancing the services that the government provides.
In addition to supporting a growing portfolio of over 35 technology startups around Europe, PUBLIC builds new ventures in-house to develop technology solutions to some of the most significant challenges faced by European governments.We are a team of passionate problem solvers with a diverse range of skills and backgrounds aiming to use technology to solve major public and societal problems