Arbor EducationLeeds/London21d ago
About the role
Here at Arbor, we’re on a mission to transform the way schools work with smarter, hassle-free tools teachers love to use. We're now looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to help us deliver superb quality software to our schools. This role will work with the Principal Architect to define and implement the processes and tooling required to perform automated testing across all products and services, working with our Principal Architect and Platform team to ensure these processes are embedded and able to run as part of our Continuous Delivery pipelines. This role will also work across product delivery teams to understand feature requirements, and define a testing strategy and automated tests to ensure acceptance criteria are met.
- Define and implement our testing strategy, including the use of BDD and appropriate tooling
- Work at all levels to replace non-scalable manual testing with automated testing software
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Track quality assurance metrics, like change failure rate and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
We're looking for someone who shares our passion of using tech for social good, so it's important the right person remembers our users and that everything we are building is for them.
- Experience in automated and manual testing
- Programming experience in either PHP or another C-based language
- Experience of BDD using Cucumber or similar tools
- Ability to write custom scripts to test API driven data
- Ability to write SQL queries to extract and validate data direct from database tables
- When you commit, you follow through, you do what you say without losing the details
- Clear reporting on issues found, how they impact the customer and clear steps for reproduction
- Experience working with Product Managers to understand business requirements, and define acceptance criteria and test strategies around them
- A positive and proactive attitude to problem solving
- Good written and spoken English so you can present your ideas - our HQ is based in London
- A passion for education, and using tech for social good
- Experience with enterprise software development
- Experience working in a fast paced agile environment
What we offer
The chance to work alongside a team of hard-working, passionate people in a role where you’ll see the impact of your work everyday. We also offer:
- We believe in supporting you to grow professionally and giving you the freedom to choose how. If you tell us where you want to go, we have a dedicated training budget to help you get there!
- Subscription to O'Reilly for engineering training resources as well as frequent internal and external tech talks to help you develop in your role.
- One of our core values is to make an impact, so we give everyone 1 day off each year to volunteer with a charity of your choice.
- We promote positive well being and as part of this you’ll have access to a choice of comprehensive 24/7 well being support services as well as internal Mental Health Champions.
- We support autonomy and flexibility, and depending on your role can offer flexible and remote working.
- Spending quality time together is really important, so to encourage this, our social committees organise regular team nights out (we’ve had pizza making, curry club and sunflower competitions!)
- We offer 30 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays), part of which is made up of half day Fridays during the school summer holidays, a day off during Easter and a day off over Christmas.
- Our office is based in the heart of Leeds or London. It’s lively and vibrant, and you’ll have breakfast supplied every day along with other healthy snacks you can choose from.
Refer a friend: Know someone else who would be good for this role? You can refer a friend, family member or colleague, if they are offered a role with Arbor, we will say thank you with a voucher valued up to £200! Simply email: email@example.com
Please note: We are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.