AppliedRemote UK, London HQ10 days ago
Applied is the platform for unbiased hiring.
We’re pushing back against outdated hiring practices by rearchitecting the process and leaving CVs behind. We use cutting edge behavioural science, research, and data to build a product with purpose. It removes opportunities for bias, enabling organizations to surface the best candidates and take the guesswork out of hiring.
We need a Product Manager to work within our growing product and engineering team, helping Applied on a fast-paced journey. We have an amazing product - our NPS puts us in the 100th percentile for SaaS products (that's really true!) and our clients have seen a real improvement in their hiring metrics: 3x improvement in interview to offer rate, 3x improvement in diverse candidates and 66% reduction in time spent on recruitment!
You can read more about the team and company in our full job spec here:
Our Product Manager should:
- fall in love with a user need/problem, not with a solution
- love using data to guide action (but know that sometimes nothing can beat talking to users)
- love collaborating with others to get things done in an agile manner
- be able to refine and prioritise a backlog; explaining why decisions are made
- be able to address production issues during sprints
- be able to communicate clearly (and persuasively when needs be)
In your first 6 months you'll:
- Contribute to defining the product roadmap, working to identify the 'why', 'what' and 'so what'- then working with the team to set scope and deliver working solutions to user needs.
- Work with data to analyse what works and prioritise where to start and how to iterate - learning how we use behavioural science to help our clients debias hiring and make better hiring decisions
- Make big contributions to our product. You'll be working with design and the engineering team from day one and getting stuck into our scrum process from the very start
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the business - collecting feedback and needs from sales, customer success, support and of course- directly talking to users and conducting research yourself
- Shape our process - we love a good retro and continually inspecting and improving how we work is core to how we work as a team
You'll benefit from:
- Equity in the business
- Wellbeing benefit and access to Spill
- Remote working budget
- Internet allowance
- Learning & development budget
- Involvement in other aspects of the business, from strategy, management and training, to shaping team culture
- Being part of something that's both commercially successful and socially important
We’re a remote-first company and finding better options for folks who need an office. Our general aim is to have 2 away days so we can all meet in person at least a few times a year.
What are the next steps?
Apply here: https://app.beapplied.com/apply/v21g5xv8j7
Our process is progressive - Instead of submitting a CV, you’ll answer 4 work-related questions. Our goal is to assess your approach to a problem and better understand what knowledge and skills you have.
If you work at Applied, you'll need to search for things, so feel free to do this during the application as it isn’t a test.
Your answers will be anonymized, randomized and reviewed by the team. We use these scores to shortlist for interview where we will do a design session as a team, a problem solving task, a portfolio review and a reverse interview where you get to ask us questions. We also think giving feedback is incredibly valuable for candidates, so at the end of the process, you'll see how well you performed during the application process.