William Joseph DesignRemote, UK17 days ago
12 month maternity contract
London office with remote-first working.
There are no specific qualifications listed for this role. We are more interested in your experience and attitude than where you learned your skills.
Initially a fixed term maternity contract - but with the aim to extend if there is enough work to justify the role long-term.
Who we are
We are an independent digital and branding studio that enjoys creating solutions which actually work, for the most important organisations in our society. We are a proud B-Corp - meaning we are legally bound to consider the wider implications of our work rather than just generate profit.
Our clients are almost all charities, universities or social enterprises. See more about them here - https://www.williamjoseph.co.uk/work
We’re a small but effective team that collaborates constantly. We can handle complex briefs, because all our people operate at a high level, whilst being expert in the best practices that produce great creative work.
Who we’re looking for
We’re steadily growing our team and eager to bring new voices and perspectives on board.
As more and more of our work is being delivered through digital, we need to replace the senior product management skills that have driven so much of our recent success, whilst Ellie goes on maternity leave.
Things you might find yourself doing
- Partnering with a client to meet their organisational objectives through user centred digital products and services.
- First point of contact with clients managing resources, backlogs and timelines.
- Often working in sprints to define and deliver new products or iterations, based on real user insight.
- Being responsible for project budgets, working closely with our MD Chris to keep things on track - balancing client requests with what we’re being paid.
- Briefing designers and developers to create effective digital products in line with client scope, budget and user needs.
- Line managing two developers and a junior product manager - responsible for mentoring and coaching them to be successful.
- Helping to prioritise our peoples’ time across multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Running performance reviews using Google Analytics and other data points, making recommendations.
- Writing user testing and contextual interview scripts, conducting sessions.
- Feeding into content strategies, wireframes and technical solutions.
We want to hear from you if you
- Want to collaborate in order to create better solutions for people who do good in the world
- You’ve got an excitement for the new opportunities that digital can provide to our society
- Want to progress your career in digital product management by getting lots of experience working with many different clients
- Are excited by helping people develop in their roles to succeed professionally and personally
What our clients say about us
“William Joseph are the first digital agency I’ve worked with that actually deliver what you need, give the right amount of challenge, and work in partnership with us as an extension of our team.”
What our team say about working here
"Working at William Joseph means being part of a talented team who all love what they do. Everyone’s creative and driven, which is inspiring to be around. We also do plenty of social things together, like visiting exhibitions and having team lunches, mostly during work hours. I genuinely enjoy coming to work every day”
What other benefits you’ll get
- Training and active support to develop skills and progress within the team
- Flexible working approach - choose working patterns that suit you
- Fully remote (with occasional visits to London office)
- Regular team activities to build relationships and take a break from work
How to apply
We've developed a unique application process with Collaborative Future, which will ask you to share the following with us:
- Examples of two live products that you have developed and are proud of. Sharing why you are proud of them and providing a bullet-point list of some of the user and technical challenges you solved in these projects.
- An example of a project you developed in collaboration with others (it can be the same as the above), and what you felt made that collaboration work well.
- An example of your experience coaching or mentoring someone, and how you went about helping them to develop their skills and capabilities.
If you're interested in the role please apply here before 21st June.
If you have any issues accessing Typeform or would like to find out more about the role or process then email firstname.lastname@example.org.