Product Designer III
CharlieHRLondona month ago
We’re Charlie and we’re on a mission to Make Work Better by equipping small businesses to deliberately craft their culture every day.
We design our products to have all the warmth of a human, to make the hard stuff simple and to leave nobody behind.
Making work better for our customers starts with us; that means giving Product Designers a lot of autonomy and flexibility, fostering an open feedback culture where we can all learn and grow together, continuously improving our practices and surrounding ourselves with brilliant people.
Come on and join us to make work better!
What is a Product Designer III?
We have a progression framework which includes Individual Contributor and People Manager tracks. IC1 would be Junior Product Designer and IC4 is a Senior Product Designer. IC2 and 3 cover that middle area which would often only be labelled as “Product Designer”. We expect a Product Designer III to make well-reasoned design decisions, to be proactive in fixing issues, to take initiative to propel the design function forward and to be a great communicator and cross-functional collaborator.
As an IC3 Product Designer, you will be responsible for:
- Conducting meaningful research to discover what are our customers’ unmet needs
- Ensuring that we’re always solving the right problem for them
- Communicating research findings with the whole business
- Working closely with another Designer, a Product Manager and 2-3 Developers in a cross-functional team:
- Planning out and breaking down each design step
- Measuring the impact of your work, adapting when we’ve missed the mark
- Helping the team moving forward in the face of roadblocks
- Proposing, testing and refining designs until they deliver predicted outcomes
- Designing experiences that people love, remember and recommend
- Inspiring the design function and helping implementing new ideas and processes
- Actively participating in building the design strategy for the next few years
- Giving and receiving meaningful feedback to help the team grow and develop
- Being a user advocate across the whole business
- 3+ years of experience as a Product Designer
- Experience designing, building and shipping software
- Experience leading user research sessions and extracting actionable insights
- A problem solver mindset
- Strategic thinking about our product and our vision
- Self-awareness and humility; you know that honest feedback is how you grow and you’re not afraid to ask for help
Let us know if you have (desirable but not required!)
- Previous experience working with a cross-functional team
- Understanding of Job-to-be-done research
- Previously participated in a significant product pivot
- SaaS or B2B experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe in the power of a diverse, inclusive team.
We welcome all applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of race, sex, disability, religion / belief, sexual orientation or age.Benefits
- Salary from £47,000 to £55,000 based on your level within our transparent progression framework
- A team that genuinely enjoys spending time together
- £500 yearly learning budget
- Equity options
- No fixed working hours; you take ownership over how you get your work done
- Access to Spill, all-in-one mental health support
- Remote events to get to know the wider team
- “Personal days” for wellbeing
- £30 wellbeing budget
- Based in Second Home (in our humble view the best co-working space in London)
- Monthly “exploration days” when you can work on whatever
- Bike to work scheme
This is a permanent full-time role. We cannot offer visa sponsorship and you must be able to work in London