What’s a PR Assistant?
In this role you’ll be responsible for helping us to tell our story and generate awareness about our various initiatives in target media. You'll support us to create storytelling opportunities and angles to pitch for placements in articles, pitching us as a cultural opinion leader for speaking and press opportunities.
You'll work closely with the Jamii founder and will play a pivotal role in our marketing efforts, helping to tell the world about the work that we do and the incredible businesses we're partnered with by securing coverage in target media. Excellent communication skills and critical thinking will be key components of this job.
It's a flexible role which means that to a large extent, you'll be able to work the hours and times that suit you.
Responsibilities of the role
- Securing coverage in target media
- Pitching Jamii for relevant speaking and press opportunities
- Identifying storytelling opportunities and places for our story to be told
- Engaging with influential opinion leaders through outreach and advocacy
- Involvement in other elements of the business such as strategy, operations and events
The ideal PR Assistant for Jamii...
- Is a creative self-starter with a willingness to learn;
- Has excellent written communication;
- Has an understanding of how media platforms / publications operate and has a pre-existing network;
- Is capable of switching between media focusses;
- Can demonstrate a passion for supporting the growth of community-owned businesses
Jamii is currently a team of 2 and so new team members must be comfortable working independently and in small groups. Starting as a part-time role, there is scope for it to become full-time in the future.