Podcast & Social Media Intern
Duration: 6 Months
Pay: £800 - £1500 per month
New Altitude is founded by a successful tech entrepreneur who has worked in Silicon Valley & London. We believe entrepreneurship is one of the most powerful forces for good in the world and we are launching a podcast focused on entrepreneurship to tell stories of entrepreneurs to inspire, educate and provide practical advice to the next generations of entrepreneurs around the world. Our vision is that this will have a global impact.
You will work collaboratively with the founder to make the podcast launch a success. The role will be predominantly focused on growing the audience and assisting the founder with ad hoc tasks as required.
Reasons to Take This Internship:
- Rare opportunity to see the successful launch of a podcast from scratch
- Opportunity to grow your network with super successful people within tech & media globally to create future opportunities for yourself
- Early career mentorship from the founder/tech entrepreneur
- Hands on experience on entrepreneurship
- Opportunity to grow your role and turn your internship into a full time position.
Examples of What You’ll Be Working On:
- Leveraging the founder’s networks, newsletters, social media (especially Twitter), community tools such as Slack/Discord etc to grow the audience for the podcast with quantifiable metrics
- Audio editing and providing feedback on episode drafts
- Reaching out to potential guests for the podcast
- Refining and editing written content and making it grammatically correct and shareable
- Assisting in guest research prep and organising interviews
This is a role where passion matters more than previous experience so you are encouraged to apply even if you don’t meet the qualifications.
- Experience building your own podcast or your own community
- Excellent written communication and grammar
- Experience working on various social media platforms
- Attention to detail
- Entrepreneurship experience
Who You are:
- Passionate about audio storytelling and podcasts and should be the type of person who has a creative way of seeing the world
- You have a can-do attitude and love taking initiatives and learning (for example, you are happy to learn new skills)
- You are empathetic, extroverted and people-driven.
How to Apply:
To apply, send an email to email@example.com with “Podcast & Social Media Intern” in the email subject line. In the email, attach a CV or LinkedIn, provide links to previous social media or podcast or community you’ve worked on (if any), explain why you are interested in the position, what you hope to gain from the internship, what you can bring to the team, and your availability (earliest possible start date).