People Operations Manager
MixcloudLondon21 days ago
Reporting to the Head of People & Talent, this role offers the opportunity to lead Mixcloud’s people operations and develop our employee experience. Mixcloud is focused on creating an inspiring place to work while maintaining an atmosphere of creativity, trust, productivity and wellbeing.
We are looking for a highly motivated People Operations Manager who is comfortable thinking strategically and operating in a hands-on capacity, with a passion for building high-performing teams and retaining strong talent. You will play an essential role in managing daily HR operations, designing and implementing human-centred policies and help drive company-wide initiatives. You will directly handle, advise and coach on employee development, compensation and compliance matters, as well as building inclusive teams, rewards & recognition programs, and general performance management. Your interactions with employees will ensure they feel valued, heard and given the right resources and support they need.
The ideal candidate has experience working in small but quickly growing businesses and is a creative self-starter. You have experience creating thoughtful policies and practices for managers and employees across the organization. You are an organised problem-solver, able to handle multiple work streams simultaneously and navigate a rapidly-changing environment.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Work with the Head of People and Talent to help create and maintain a thriving culture through the design and implementation of human-centred policies.
- Assist in building our employee development strategy, balancing employee career pathing and business growth objectives. Plan and implement learning and development initiatives.
- Act as the point of contact for general day-to-day HR inquiries. Provide accurate HR advice to employees and managers based on UK employment law and best HR practice.
- Prepare and draft HR documentation for both new and existing employees
- Provide compensation support, including salary planning, approval of salary actions, promotions and job levelling.
- Manage our performance and professional development review cycle and introduce effective methods for year-round feedback or 360 reviews.
- Advise and support managers on topics such as employee engagement and retention, aiding employees through the pandemic, rewards & recognition, building inclusive teams, growth opportunities, and general performance management.
- Provide coaching to all levels of the organization, to help drive people strategy and collaborate with employees to foster a culture of wellbeing, respect, ownership, and trust.
- Help drive and embed diversity & inclusion practices into all that we do
- Work closely with the other people team members to organise and manage the onboarding and probation period process.
- Administer and manage group benefit plans
WHO YOU ARE
- 4+ years of relevant HR experience across a number of areas, e.g. program/project management, policy and compliance, compensation, feedback and performance, employee development.
- Knowledge of baseline HR compliance, employee relations, and UK employment law
- Experience in employee development initiatives.
- Experience launching and scaling creative, well-received People initiatives
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Be self-governing. You take full ownership of your work, and have a high level of initiative.
- Project management and change management experience. The ability to drive programs independently.
- You have a passion for increasing diversity & representation in Tech. You have cultural awareness, sensitivity, and knowledge of principles, methods, and tools to create inclusive workspaces.
Nice to have
- Experience in a start-up environment with a fast-paced, changing work environment.