MobiliseUK (Remote)18 days ago
We’re looking for a partnerships officer who can build relationships with other organisations supporting the UK’s 13.6 million unpaid carers
Job Title: Partnerships Officer
Location: Remote working (equipment provided as necessary)
Salary: £30,000 - £38,000 pro rata
Hours: 22.5 hours a week
Working pattern: Flexible, but at least 60% of hours during 9-5pm, Monday to Friday - UK time
Contract: Initial three-month term, which could lead to a full-time role if both sides wanted it.
We would be open to exploring secondment opportunities.
We are Mobilise, the online startup transforming the way the UK’s 13.6 million unpaid carers access support.
Our mission is to crowdsource the expertise, wisdom and know-how built up by millions of carers and make it accessible to anybody starting out on their caring journey. Nobody should have to figure out how to be a carer on their own.
The coronavirus lockdown has made things tough for carers, and we’ve seen over 25,000 carers come to us for online support.
What sort of person are we looking for?
Most importantly, we’re looking for someone who is driven by our mission, and wants to help the UK’s 13.6 million unpaid carers, who are really struggling right now.
We’re also looking for someone who can build relationships, spot opportunities for collaboration and grow partnerships to maximise the benefit for carers.
Third, we are looking for someone with the project management skills to balance responsiveness to day-to-day community priorities with long-term planning.
Does this sound like you? Or someone you know?
Key measure of success:
We’re seeking to maximise the impact of our work in specific local authorities, so the key measure of success for this role is to reach as many carers as possible - directly or indirectly - and increase the support available to them.
- Identify potential partners who may be supporting carers (e.g. Community groups, NHS bodies and social care organisations) in our local areas
- Making first contact with potential partners, creating a strong first impression
- Maintain powerful and enduring relationships with key stakeholders
- Active listening for the needs of partners
- Identify trends and patterns in the needs of our partners and potential partners
- Brainstorm new and creative content strategies
- Create compelling content and training through digital channels in collaboration with our partners
- Contribute to team meetings, and the future planning of our growth
We are a small team. We work remotely, responding quickly to the needs of carers and our partners - we all muck in when needed.
- Excellent communication skills
- Confident telephone manner, ready to pick up the phone and start a conversation
- Understanding of the health and social care sector
- Knowledge of (or willingness to learn quickly) how to use online tools such as Wix, Mailchimp, Typeform and Hubspot
- Self starter, comfortable working in an environment with ambiguity
We are ‘by carers, for carers’. Having an understanding of caring for another is central to the team and business we are building. We’re confident that if we keep this mantra front and centre in all we do and think about, we have a fair chance of meeting their needs.
Flexibility and inclusivity
We’re currently a remote team, working flexible hours. Many in our team have caring commitments themselves. We understand that caring comes first, and that meetings don’t always happen as planned. We all chip in when one of our colleagues needs cover at short notice or needs our help.
We’re committed to being an equal opportunities employer and are happy to make reasonable and proportionate adjustments to accommodate people.
How to apply and application process
Send a CV and covering letter detailing your experience to email@example.com by the 17th January.
All CVs will be reviewed for suitability. Candidates carried forward from CV review will be invited to phone call. Final candidates will be interviewed by video call.
Please contact our CEO, James Townsend, if you’d like a no-strings conversation about the role: firstname.lastname@example.org