Outreach and Engagement Manager
The BrokerageLondon (currently remote)19 days ago
Outreach and Engagement Manager
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: £29,000-£33,926 + 7% pension contribution
Location: Currently remote (in future, remote/office hybrid (City of London))
Reports to: Head of Service Delivery & Employer Engagement
For 25 years The Brokerage has been supporting less advantaged young people fulfil their potential through improved awareness and access to professional career opportunities. We are now at an exciting and dynamic point, having launched a strategic redirection; thought leadership, corporate culture change and innovative new services now sit alongside our youth-focused mission. Having just implemented a new partnership model we are fast-growing and have doubled in size over the last six months.
The Brokerage is looking for an Outreach and Engagement manager to lead on the ‘outreach’ strand of our delivery work, re-design and enhance engagement with school, universities and young people more widely to ensure attraction, engagement and retention of diverse candidates and appealing value proposition. This role will also design and manage a programme of engagement activities across all age groups to ensure long term engagement across all our stakeholder groups, also managing our Ambassadors. In addition, this role will also be responsible for developing new ways to reach and engage young people, e.g. via social media channels.
Youth engagement and facilitation
● Develop and manage a creative outreach strategy, to ensure the attraction of diverse students from ‘working class’ backgrounds aged 16-25 years old.
● Develop and manage a talent pipeline approach, embedding our programmes and relationships with older age groups, i.e. undergraduates
● Manage and facilitate our outreach workshops and registration sessions, online and face to face, working with the delivery administrator
● Develop and manage a range of events, comms and activities to create community and to ensure engagement and retention of our young people
● Manage and develop the Ambassador group, to ensure the Brokerage’s offering is youth-led. Include them in the development and delivery of our programmes whilst providing beneficial professional development opportunities (i.e. A-Z podcast; consulting with and delivering workshops to our corporate partners)
Stakeholder management and communications
● Design, implement and manage a new stakeholder engagement strategy, working closely with the Senior Marketing and Communications Manager, to build long term relationships with schools, colleges, universities, teachers and candidates
● Manage the design of a suite of collateral to promote The Brokerage to young people, working closely with the Senior Marketing and Communications Manager
● Manage relationships and communications with corporate partners and volunteers.
Programme design and management
●Design, plan, implement and manage programme delivery to ensure youth, corporate partner and wider stakeholder satisfaction.
● Develop key documents and materials relating to the delivery of our programmes
● Set, track and monitor targets and KPIs
●Play an active role in the planning and delivery of the Brokerage’s strategic objectives and participate in Brokerage events and activities as required.
Data and impact
● Maintain up-to-date student, school and business records on our CRM system (Salesforce).
● Work closely with the Senior Insights, Impact and System Manager to ensure we increase our insights gathering work with existing and potential candidates
●Provide regular information reports and updates for the Brokerage Senior Management Team, Board of Trustees and funders.
Some travel to locations around London and occasional out of hours work required
We are looking for someone with:
A passion for working with young people and building relationships
● A passion for, and experience of working with young people
● Experience of designing and delivering programmes, particularly with an outreach/recruitment element
● Experience working with a range of stakeholders
● Knowledge of relevant child protection and safeguarding issues and experience of following procedures.
A desire to be a changemaker
● Knowledge of and interest in issues surrounding social mobility, education, as well as equity, diversity and inclusion/ power and privilege in the workplace.
● Relevant lived experience (i.e. experience of the challenges faced by those from less-advantaged and/or BAME backgrounds)
● A creative, self-starter with a bias towards action, thrives on autonomy but also loves to work as part of a small team
● A growth mindset, open to feedback, learning and development
Strong programme management and communication capabilities
● Highly organised, with excellent attention to detail
● Ability to manage competing priorities, to work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment and still produce quality outputs.
●Excellent written and verbal communication skills (with internal and external stakeholders)
● A dynamic personality with strong presentation, facilitation and training skills
Data and digital capabilities
● Excellent IT skills, including demonstrable usage of Microsoft Office suite, CRM databases (eg. Salesforce or equivalent) and social media.
● Insight-led, with an ability to interpret basic data and charts
If you are confident that you are the right candidate for this role but don’t quite meet 100% of the criteria, be bold, apply anyway!
● 25 days’ paid annual leave plus Bank Holidays
● 2 days’ paid volunteering leave
● Season ticket loan and a range of other staff benefits
● A collaborative, diverse, mission led team that works within a trust-based environment
● Flexible hours & part-time/job share considered
How to apply: Please send a copy of your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com outlining:
● How your past experience (lived and professional) makes you the right candidate for this role (paying close attention to the ‘responsibilities’ and ‘what we are looking for’)
● What gaps or development areas you may have
● What you would bring to our team culture
Closing date: Monday 26th April at 8am
First round interviews will be held: w/c Monday 3rd May
If you would like to find out more about this role please get in touch!
The Brokerage is committed to providing equal opportunities to prospective and current employees. It is the policy of The Brokerage to ensure that access to employment, training and career progression is determined solely by the application of objective, legitimate and proportionate criteria and individual merit.