💫 Who we are
Organise is a fast-growing startup on a mission to give everyone the tools, network and confidence to improve their life at work. Our vision is for a world in which decent, fairly paid work is available and accessible to all, and where all of us are treated with dignity and respect at work.
More than 1 million people are already using Organise. We put power in people’s hands, building a progressive force for change inside companies.
The Organise staff team pride ourselves on nimble, focused workplace campaigns. That means our team is decisive, ambitious and happy to take risks. We’re characterised by our energy and enthusiasm; we’d rather aim high and see what happens, than play it safe. We’re passionate about putting Organise members first – we believe change at work happens when more people get involved.
We're expanding our team and building out our platform to include a peer-to-peer network. We're building a space for people to build power and support each other at work pseudonymously. A space for our core members to talk to each other in a space their boss can't see. Small monthly subscriptions from members will verify their identity. The Organise network is paid for and protected by the workers. We currently operate in the UK, and are aiming to launch in the US in 2022.
Read more about our principles:
📣 "I can't believe it! It's only been a week since I started my Organise campaign to stamp out harassment in gyms. And already, the CEOs of Pure Gym and The Gym Group want to talk about how they can make their gyms safer." - Organise member Rachel
🙌 What you’ll be doing
You’ll lead on all aspects of operations, while understanding and responding to the needs of both the staff team and the organisation. You’ll work closely with our CEO and CTO to ensure the financial wellbeing of Organise, management accounts and long term financial planning.
You’ll also lead the HR functions with support from the leadership team. This will include leading on the wellbeing for staff and prioritising health, safety and the mental health and welfare of the team, whether working remotely or in the office.
You'll be excellent at communicating and collaborating with people across the whole organisation, to maintain a supportive, positive and effective workplace. You'll enjoy using your initiative to prioritise and manage your scope of work.
HR and Organisational Development
- Establish and maintain the processes that allow our team to grow and flourish, including professional development, performance management, probation periods, objective setting and reviews.
- Lead on recruitment. In partnership with other members of the team, prepare job specs, arrange advertising, short-listing, equal opportunities, interview panels and manage training for staff involved in recruitment.
- Lead on HR practices and employee development.
- Foster and develop organisational culture with staff and maintain a positive and inclusive workplace environment – this includes conversations about inclusion, welfare, mental health, wellbeing and policies.
- Implement and develop standard operating procedures and systems across the organisation as well as within the projects.
- Organise purchases for materials and services required for staff.
Finance and reporting
- Overall management of operational budget, forecasting, and targets.
- Oversee reporting to investors and stakeholders
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and liaising with our accountants on financial process and compliance
- Work with our accountants to run monthly payroll, pensions and invoice payments
Policies, procedures and governance
- Manage best practice for systems and HR so that core operational functions achieve their objectives.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are revised and up to date at all times.
- Overall management of legal policies and procedures.
- Maintain company governance paperwork and share option scheme for employees via Vest’d digital platform
- Ensure the working environment maintains access to quality equipment and maintains health and safety regulations.
- Maintain compliance across all our IT, data protection policies and employee guidelines.
💪 You should apply if
- What we're building at Organise excites you!
- You have solid organisational skills including attention to detail, consistency and accuracy, and the ability to prioritise your workload
- You love working with a small team and being a self-starter
- You are outcomes oriented, a natural multitasker, comfortable with multiple projects / conversations / shifting goalposts. This is a role where things will constantly change!
- You have strong numeracy skills and experience of creating and managing budgets
- You are able to communicate effectively and work well with a diverse range of colleagues
- You are open-minded and willing to learn new approaches to your role and our culture
🥳 You'll benefit from:
- Equity in the business
- Wellbeing benefit and access to mental health support through Spill
- Remote working budget
- Learning & development budget + progression support
- Involvement in other aspects of the business, from strategy, management and training, to shaping team culture
- Being part of something that's both commercially successful and socially important
- 🎛 Contract terms: This is a permanent contract. The role can be full time or 4 days a week. We're also open to job shares!
- 🧑💻 Location: Can be remote (within +2/- 5 hours of GMT) or based in our central London office (a dog-friendly office 🐶 with a lot of plants 🌱) and will we provide you with all the tools you need!
- 💰 Competitive salary: Our salary formula adjusts to your cost of living and experience. For this role, using our formula the salary is £53,095 GBP (in the UK). We use a transparent salary formula based on your level + you'll get substantial stock options as part of our EMI scheme.
- 😍 Benefits: 38 days holiday per year (including Bank Holidays), Flexible working hours, Childcare benefits/vouchers, forward thinking parental leave policy, menstrual and menopause policy, discounted gym membership, time off in lieu policy, team lunches and activities. Please note, these will keep evolving as we continue to grow!
💥 Some highlights from 2021
- Using Organise, Amazon drivers landed national media coverage, including an exclusive BBC Newsnight investigation, exposing their working conditions & calling on Amazon CEO to lower their parcel targets back to a safe level. They’ve also met directly with MPs and got the Amazon CEO grilled in front of Parliament. 40% of drivers have had their targets lowered to a safer level now as a result - a huge win for their collective action.
- Over 100,000 members pressured the government to abandon their plans to scrap the laws protecting paid holidays and rest breaks (working time directive) - including sending tens of thousands of messages sent directly to the Business Secretary in the 24 hours leading up to the U-turn. Civil servants tell us (off the record) that the department were ‘astonished’ by the level of public backlash to the plans.
- Dan*, a Census worker, started a campaign when he noticed Census temporary workers were being asked to travel to attend their first-day induction without being offered to have their travel expenses covered. In response to thousands of people joining the campaign, ONS has agreed to make sure all temporary workers are reimbursed for their travel expenses. With this and the update to the Census Jobs FAQs page clarifying the expenses policy, Census workers can start their jobs without being out of pocket.
More about working at Organise: