BeamUKa month ago
Want a job that combines the excitement of working in a high-growth tech startup with the fulfilment of creating life-changing social impact? Then this is the role for you!
As an Operations Executive, you're onboarding the amazing people referred to Beam, supporting them through their remarkable journey out of homelessness into stable jobs and housing.
You’re an operationally-minded problem solver, directly helping us to iterate and bring our award-winning platform to true scale.
You’re ambitious, excited by the prospect of working with super smart teammates in a startup founded by someone that’s scaled a business to millions of users and raised funding from investors in the likes of Facebook and Dropbox.
You're friendly and empathetic and excel at building strong, respectful working relationships.
You’re excited by the prospect of getting a little nerdy with the latest apps and working in a data-driven way.
You're process-driven and solution-orientated, able to juggle demanding workloads in a fast-paced startup environment that works to ambitious KPIs.
- Safely assessing and onboarding homeless people referred to Beam by our extensive list of partners
- Producing detailed risk assessments and case notes
- Working face-to-face with people to create content for their crowdfunding campaign using our proprietary in-house technology
- Providing job support to help homeless people get into stable work
- Providing support to help homeless people find stable housing and sustain their tenancies
- Generating leads for affordable housing and brokering relationships with landlords & estate agents
- Building strong, respectful and professional working relationships with people using Beam
- Working to ambitious KPIs that increase our social impact
- Generating ideas and processes that iterate our model of support services towards scale
- >1 year high-quality operational experience in a start-up, social enterprise, or highly-regarded company
- Experience working with vulnerable individuals - or huge enthusiasm to excel in that field (don't worry, you’ll be enrolled into a thorough training programme when you join)
- Entrepreneurial, get things done attitude
- Passion for innovation and social impact
- Thrives under pressure and in fast-paced environments
- Highly detail-orientated and risk-aware while working with integrity and openness
- Highly adaptable, personable and excited to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Committed to promoting equality of opportunity in London - and far beyond
- At Beam, we're committed to hiring diversely and inclusively. We're especially excited to hear from BAME candidates, those with lived experience of social disadvantage and/or if you speak Polish or Romanian!
Compensation & Perks
- £25-35k - we're open to hearing from a broad range of experiences
- Additional EMI-qualifying share options in Beam
- MacBook Air or PC (brand new/ recycled)
- Work phone
- Cycle Scheme
- £250 annual wellbeing budget
- £200 annual learning and personal development
- £80 monthly counselling budget
- £50 Beam shop voucher
- We send you 2 books when you join
- Perkbox perks - discounts and freebies at top brands
- Hybrid office: need to work from home some days? That's fine with us! (currently fully remote due to covid)
- Work-hard, play-hard culture with biweekly socials & an annual mini-break (subject to social distancing rules)
- Unlimited holiday policy
- 'Beam team talks' with some of the UK's leading tech entrepreneurs
Applications for the role are considered on a rolling basis and there is no fixed start date. Due to a high number of applications, it may take us up to 2 weeks before we get back to you!
There are 4 interview rounds:
- Round 1: 30 minutes video call
- Round 2: 2.5 hour assessment followed by 30 minutes debrief
- Round 3: 1 hour presentation in role play
- Round 4: 90 minutes session: interview with one of the founders & meeting 2 Beam teammates
All our interviews are currently conducted remotely and done over video calls and it usually takes us a week to get back to you after each round. Due to a high number of applications, we are unfortunately unable to offer feedback before Round 1. Feedback for subsequent rounds are provided over email, with the option for a phone call after Round 3.
The whole process from Round 1 should take between 2-4 weeks.
We wish you the best of luck!