Motion Graphics Designer
Redwood BBDOLondon4 days ago
Midweight Motion Graphic Designer
Google/YouTube, Redwood BBDO
Content. Advertising. Branded programming. All true stories.
Redwood is an integrated creative agency for the age of authenticity. Ten years with the BBC, now part of BBDO, our unique collaboration of journalism x creativity helps brands tell more true stories.
Our Google/YouTube account is one of the agency’s most creatively diverse accounts, responsible for creating a range of through-the-line content for clients in the UK and across EMEA, APAC and the US. The output varies dramatically, from social-first and influencer-led campaigns through to long-form thought leadership articles, films and ATL campaigns.
About the role
As a midweight motion graphic designer you will be expected to be able to take briefs independently and follow projects from concept through to delivery. You will also work collaboratively with Creative Directors and the Design team to develop concepts and bring them to life across a variety of digital and social platforms.
Required skills, knowledge, and experience
- You will have worked in an agency environment with dedicated experience within motion graphics or animation
- Video editing experience is required, as well as strong knowledge of Adobe suite software (After Effects, Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator etc.)
- Knowledge of working in a 3D space is advantageous, but not essential
- You will have one foot firmly in Graphic Design, with a real attention to detail in colour, typography, and layout
- You will have the ability to translate briefs and copy into flawless animated executions
- You have the strong desire to elevate and exceed expectations in the motion design space
- You can demonstrate a range of creative approaches whilst working on large projects with a strong attention to detail.
- You have experience working at pace in a social first environment
- You are comfortable being accountable for final creative delivery
- You have an enthusiastic work ethic, skilled in communicating with others and you can embrace working with people from different skills and backgrounds
- You’re a natural team player that thrives off collaboration, but you also have the ability to work alone
- You have a proven track record of delivering best-in-class creative, and always want to creatively push the envelope
- You care about creating work that will travel, have an impact and that will be shared
- You are punctual, work efficiently and you’re comfortable with deadlines
- You are a great communicator, and comfortable being transparent with the team about how projects are progressing and developing
- You are passionate and knowledgeable about the industry, culture, and the zeitgeist
An online portfolio / demo reel will be required upon application with your CV, send to Jointheteam@redwoodlondon.com
Redwood is an equal opportunities employer and therefore emphasises, in accordance with employment law that recruitment and selection decisions will not be made on the grounds of sex, marital status, sexual orientation, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, nationality, religion or belief, disability or age