This Place are a digital agency here to help brands move fast to navigate turbulent times. We do that by solving digital problems that stand in the way of driving profit and long term growth. Inspired by purpose as much as profit, we design websites, apps and digital services used by millions of people daily.
Our process blends business consulting and digital design to balance customer needs with commercial goals, and make sure our clients businesses are adaptable to change. It’s grounded in data at every step, and empowers teams to envision bold new customer experiences.
We’re a small team of carefully curated experts, focused on results. We are united by our passion to use digital to improve people’s lives, make better businesses and leave a lasting impact on the world. We’re part agency, part consultancy, part start up, part partner.
At This Place we’re committed to embedding diversity, inclusion and volunteering into our business. In the past year alone we’ve supported team members to mentor budding designers from underrepresented backgrounds, join industry-wide inclusion councils, and provide equality-focused charities with pro bono advice. This commitment to diversity and inclusion has spurred us to adopt Applied as our recruitment platform; we’re focused on making the recruitment process as fair and unbiased as possible for our candidates.
Join us and you’ll work on complex problems that drive you to learn and grow quickly; be empowered to make an impact; help us drive greater diversity & inclusion across the industry; and become part of a tight-knit team who love coming to work everyday.
The Role of Mid-Weight Designer:
As we continue to grow our business, we are on the hunt for a driven, self-starting individual to take on a key role in our UK Design practice supporting our global client base across a variety of strategic design projects.
Reporting to the Associate Experience Design Director, the Mid-Weight Designer is responsible for leading elements of the design track of key client engagements and working closely with multi-disciplinary teams.
Requirements of a Mid-Weight Designer
We are open to applicants with different backgrounds and skillsets, whether you have experience in UX, visual design or something similar. Regardless of background, we're looking for people with:
- Relevant industry experience in product design
- Experience delivering a range of product and experience design outputs (examples might include screen design, primary/secondary research, data analysis, journey mapping, persona/segment development, wireframing, prototyping, user flows, heuristic evaluation, usability testing, competitive audits etc.)
- Experience of using a range of research and testing techniques
- Awareness of design thinking or other relevant design methodologies
- Comfort with using design tools (e.g. Sketch, Figma, ProtoPie, Principle, etc.)
- A passion for learning new skills and personal development
- Strong written English and personal presentational skills
- Ability to work solo and as a team player
- Balance - A flexible and balanced working policy
- Community - A relaxed, creative and dog-friendly office in the heart of Shoreditch; summer and winter team conferences; regular team-wide get-togethers
- Wellbeing - Cycle to work scheme; free access to mental health services; regular company-wide surveys
- Community - Regular opportunities to give back to worthy causes, through mentoring, social impact programmes and other volunteering initiatives
- Development - Employee and team training budgets
- Reward - Shares allocated under the This Place annual scheme
- Time off - 25 days holiday in addition to bank holidays
- Security - Company pension with 4% employer contribution
This is a pivotal role in the development of This Place and our continuing success and one which will provide an opportunity for continued growth.