About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity for a superstar generalist marketer, who is looking for their next challenge in a well funded, fast paced and high growth tech scaleup.
We’re looking to grow our marketing team of three and hire a key role that will have a big impact on how we do things at Urban Jungle.
In this role you will be a key person in helping us achieve our ambitious growth plans - working out how best to acquire customers. It’s a great opportunity to take on a broad role that touches multiple areas of marketing - including deciding what new channels to test, briefing and producing creative, day to day management of your channels and analysing results.
You will be responsible for:
- Working closely with the Marketing Director and the rest of the team to define different channel and audience strategies, including launching of new channels, products and countries.
- Managing briefing, ideation, production and implementation of creative marketing output, for a range of online and offline channels
- Oversight as well as day to day management of relationships with agencies and partners.
- Ideating, setting up and assessing new channel tests
- Responsible for managing and optimising large and growing marketing budgets
- Ensuring we are customer-first in our marketing, including working with Product to gather audience / customer insights.
What We’re Looking For From You:
- Ambitious self starter who is looking for a challenging role where they can move quickly and make an impact
- Are passionate about all elements of marketing, and are as happy dissecting how something performed as feeding back on new creative ideas.
- Minimum of 4 years professional experience in a relevant marketing role
- You have a background across several marketing areas and are motivated to broaden your skill set. This could include one or more of brand comms (e.g ATL), PR, Direct Mail, SEO, digital marketing (e.g Paid Social),
- Comfortable working in a continually changing environment and dealing with ambiguity. You may have worked in another start- up, marketing agency or similar.
- Excited to pitch in with broader team and business responsibilities
- No experience of insurance or financial services is required
Urban Jungle is an inclusive employer and value diversity at our company. So long as you’ve got the skills for the job, even if you don’t fit these requirements exactly, we’d love to hear from you!
You can expect from us:
Urban Jungle is an amazing business to work in, with a super exciting and executable vision. Our team members are rewarded well with:
- £45-55k salary depending on experience
- A material equity stake
- A company pension
- 25 days of paid leave, plus public holidays
- An annual personal development budget and training on whatever you need to do your job well
- A commitment from the co-founders to spend significant time on your coaching and development.
- Clear objectives, which are regularly updated, with regular formal feedback
- Whatever kit you need to be effective
- A commitment from the company to support your wellbeing for example with individual coaching sessions
- A cycle to work scheme
- Lots of social fun and events
- An open environment where you will be challenged
Urban Jungle is an exciting fintech scaleup that is making waves in a high growth consumer insurance space, on a mission to fix the way things are done in the industry and make customers’ lives better. Although we work in financial services, we are at heart a tech company, focused on building a customer-first brand that people can trust.
Our mission is to help millions of young people plan for their financial future - starting with providing a safety net for their home lives. We’re designing and building insurance products for a new generation of customers, challenging the status quo and changing the way things are done in insurance. We base all of our decisions and strategy around our 4 core values:
- Customer first
- Keep getting better
- Be responsible
- Aim for extraordinary
It’s an exciting time to join us as we’re growing fast! In the last year we hit 50,000 customers, launched several new products and doubled the team. We recently closed an £8m funding round - and we have big growth plans for the year ahead! This is a great opportunity to join a fast growing, data driven company and have a hand in shaping our futures.
Logistics & Application:
We currently have a hybrid working setup but you must be able to work at our offices in Oval, South London in the medium term. The hiring process involves an initial phone conversation, followed by a practical and CV interview with the senior team.