AcademyUnited Kingdom2 months ago
Academy’s Marketing Lead will play a pivotal role in the realisation of our vision at a global scale, building a world-class brand known for launching the careers of technology leaders. As our first marketing hire, your focus will span B2C and B2B marketing with an emphasis on brand, content marketing, and community management.
Joining us at seed stage, you will need to be an action-oriented and impactful team of one - capable of zooming out to provide strategic direction and zooming in to execute effectively on key activities. This is the ideal environment for a self-starter ambitious to build a brand with a global presence, unlocking significant and widespread impact in the technology industry.
Location: UK - Academy is HQ'd in Manchester but we're open to remote working
- Set and execute against Academy’s marketing and community management strategies for each key external stakeholder group, i.e. graduates, faculty, and employers.
- Build Academy’s content strategy, taking a hands-on approach by writing copy for our website, social media, B2C and B2B marketing collateral
- Take full ownership of the evolution of Academy’s brand identity - you’ll be activating work completed by our branding agency partners to ensure maximum value is derived from our existing strategy and related branded assets.
- Lead on all marketing & PR-related activity - this may include creating social media and email campaigns, thought leadership content, events, press releases and managing media relationships.
- Work with Academy’s Head of Talent to design and launch graduate acquisition campaigns (initially offline and campus based, but with the potential to expand into digital if needed) capable of attracting high calibre graduates onto our technology and leadership programmes at scale.
- Work with Academy’s Head of Talent to establish a clear, attractive and innovative employer brand and value proposition, executing on talent attraction campaigns for key internal hires.
- Partner with our CEO and Head of Partnerships to establish a compelling proposition and positioning for our employer partners. You’ll be generating the content and collateral required to secure multi-million pound partnerships with technology employers.
- Partner with the CEO and Head of Partnerships on Academy’s launch, co-ordinating announcements, events, and any related press activity.
- Ensure Academy and its employer partners are able to derive maximum mutual benefit from their partnerships in the form of brand awareness.
- Establish and manage mutually beneficial marketing and PR partnerships for the business.
- Experience as a hands-on marketer within an early-stage or high-growth start-up environment.
- Expertise across content marketing, community management, and brand.
- Experience taking on significant responsibility across a broad spectrum of marketing activities without the support of a large internal team.
- Evidence of fast progression and high-achievement within previous roles.
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset who is striving to rapidly accelerate their career.
Please note we are unable to provide sponsorship at this time.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We believe that, by bringing some seriously talented people together, we can change the future of tech for the better. We encourage applications from all - including (but not limited to) those who are underrepresented in tech through gender, ethnicity or sexuality.
Academy’s vision is to become a global hub for high-potential early career talent, fast-growing technology companies, and world-class leadership development.