StemettesLondon, England - Remote2 months ago
Stemettes runs a number of intersectional cohort programmes, impactful events, and inspirational content platforms to promote Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) related careers to girls and nonbinary young people. We enable young people, their parents and other influencers to see the possibilities and make an informed decision about STEM careers - in a bid to boost the number of women in the UK’s STEM workforce.
We have supporters in the UK Government, industry employers (such as Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Vodafone, and Deutsche Bank) and fellow STEM outreach organisations. We've been featured in Forbes, the BBC, the Guardian, the Observer, the Times and the Huffington Post. Since our inception in February 2013, we have given more than 50,000 young people across the UK and Europe positive experiences with STEM.
We are committed to intersectionality and inclusivity so we welcome candidates of all backgrounds and genders. Employees are entitled to 25 days annual leave (not including bank holidays) and other benefits as well as learning opportunities. This role is currently for UK-based candidates only.
We are looking for someone to manage some of the Marketing for Stemettes on a full-time / flexi-time 12-month contract - with the possibility of converting to a full-time role as our programmes expand. We require someone to competently create, schedule and post content and curate relationships with partner organisations to ensure they can access Stemette opportunities. This role is equivalent to a Marketing Officer or Marketing Executive.
Stemettes is an exciting, disruptive young organisation with a supportive and passionate Board of Directors and a strong aim to change mindsets and social norms for girls, nonbinary people and STEM.
As a result, we are seeking someone with an equally high degree of passion and pro-activity. Stemettes regularly has the opportunity to interact with industry leaders, influencers and media around the world and where necessary Marketing Stemette will have the opportunity to participate in these interactions.
- Co-ordination of content on our Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook channels
- Curation of Newsletters
- Responding to requests from youth and STEM organisations, including schools and community groups
- Reaching out to groups in particular geographical regions to engage them in our programmes
- Assist with visuals
- Contribute to social media engagement and brand awareness campaigns
- Contribute to ongoing website work
- Undertake market research and establish the best way to reach target audiences
- Support Stemettes' commitment to giving young people great STEM experiences and helping them make informed career decisions.
- Marketing experience, this is not an entry-level position
- Excellent spelling and grammar; Strong Written Communication Skills
- Attention to detail as well as proofreading and editorial skills
- Knowledge of Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Ability to multitask and work on multiple projects at the same time
- Time Management and Prioritisation Skills
- Digital Marketing experience
- Knowledge of Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics and Google AdWords
- Knowledge of Hootsuite, Google Sheets/Excel, Trello, Airtable
You will report to Operations Stemette Yasmin Lodhi and work closely with Comms Stemette. You will not directly manage other staff members but will work closely with our Apprentice Stemette to ensure that our work and ethos is well and widely communicated.
We will pay a salary of 25-29K plus expenses to the successful candidate. The contract will be in line with experience and capabilities, reflecting Stemette Futures’ charitable status and expectations from our partners. You will mostly work from home but on occasion will need to come to travel within the UK, or visit our base in London.
Applications for this role open on 1st March and close on 21st March 2021. You may be contacted before the deadline for an interview. The start date is mid-end April 2021.