Marketing and Growth Manager
23 Code StreetLondon8M ago
Who are we?
23 Code Street is a coding school for all women and non-binary people. With part of our profits, we teach digital skills to marginalised communities in India. Our goal is to have a technical workforce that represents the diversity of the society it is trying to serve. For the past three years, we’ve been running web development courses for beginners, webinar courses and workshops across London. We’ve been featured in The Independent, Forbes, Refinery29, the Evening Standard and the Guardian.
We are a small team with big goals. We support, encourage and root for each other, we work flexibly and take time to learn and develop, we hold each other accountable, we celebrate our collective and individual wins, we make each other go home or go for a walk when needed, and we respect that we have lives outside of the office. We believe that our workplace, all our communication, and our classes should be inclusive and accessible. We work from Bethnal Green in a building with other brilliant companies and people housed within it.We love our students and alumni and know their success is correlated to ours.
Role Title: Marketing and Growth Manager
Reporting to: CEO
Start date: ASAP
Salary: £25,000- £29,000
We’re looking for a hands-on and customer-centric marketing manager. It’s a wide-ranging where role you’ll be doing everything from writing press releases, creating and implementing new marketing and communications strategies, launching new courses and planning regular events. You’ll have lots of opportunities to be creative, have real responsibility, and be able to test and implement your ideas.
We want you to be creative and brave in your decision making and will support you in this. We know things may not go to plan but that is how we have always grown as a company. You can hear more about the role from our current manager here.
What you’ll be doing:
Strategy and Planning
Create and implement marketing strategies across multiple digital channels (social, content, email etc) to sell our in-person and online courses/ events and continue to establish ourselves as thought leaders in the industry.
Work alongside the CEO with the long-term planning of new products, develop new ideas to grow the business commercially and assist with the day to day running of the startup.
Reporting and Analysis
Complete weekly/monthly marketing reports and analyse data from Google Analytics and social media analytic tools to highlight successes and plan future improvements.
Oversee the completion of monthly and weekly social media reports with the marketing and social media intern.
Monitor and track course enquires against monthly targets and ensures the sign-up process is as simple and as smooth as possible.
Create and implement an engaging content strategy which is in line with our long-term and short-term goals.
Grow our brand and online reach through consistently thinking of and testing new ideas and creating engaging content (both visual and written) which inspires and informs our audience.
Create and publish regular high-quality content in the form of blogs, emails, newsletters etc and work alongside designers, our community and partners.
Manage and support the part-time social media and marketing intern with the creation, scheduling and publishing of posts across different social media channels.
Establish PR as a core channel through which to tell our brand story by writing and distributing press releases about new products and developing new relationships with press contacts.
Assist the CEO with the planning and running of regular events, think of new exciting events which could be implemented in the future either as a company or with corporate partners.
Oversee the admissions process from students applying on the website to starting the course.
Assist the team with ad hoc tasks as requested. We are a small team and, although we each have our expertise, we pitch in as and when is needed.
Who you are:
- You embrace change with a positive and open mindset and are able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Able to clearly express and highlight your ideas in discussions.
- Someone who loves learning.
- You’re happy and excited to own things.
- Excited about taking on challenges that stretch you.
- Reliable and able to take ownership and responsibility
- Interested in technology and the tech industry
- Very passionate about achieving our mission
- Enjoys working in a small team and happy to work alone at times.
We don't expect you to have all of these but this is an idea of what the role will entail and what we will be training you in.
- Has some coding experience and technical knowledge
- Experienced in using a range of marketing tools such as MailChimp, Buffer, Google Analytics, Google Search Console.
- Strong knowledge of how to create and implement a marketing strategy: creating user personas/user journeys and conducting a competitor analysis.
- An excellent communicator both in person and in writing. You can simplify the complex, adapt your writing style to a range of different audiences and write in our tone. You are comfortable speaking to our students and graduates.
- Knowledge and experience of creating and implementing a social media strategy.
- Very organised, able to plan ahead and understand how to prioritise competing tasks.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Confident about making data-driven decisions.
- You’re comfortable using (or learning to use) tools such as Slack and Trello
Would be nice if you:
- have worked in a small start-up before
- have worked in the e-learning/ education/ training sector before
How to apply
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know why you want to work with us. Give us any information that will help, whether that’s a cover letter, a CV, a breakdown in the email of what you’ve done, or a link to your LinkedIn profile. We do not require a CV. The application process will be an initial phone call followed by a small task and final stage interview.If you have any questions, please email email@example.com. We're accepting applicants on a rolling basis so please apply soon if you're interested.
We are equal opportunities employer and we ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.