London Project Lead
Library of ThingsLondon3M ago
Job Description: London Project Lead
Deadline for applications: 6pm on Thursday 12th March 2020
Interviews: Tues 17th March & Thurs 19th March
Ideal start date: An immediate start date (end March) is ideal, but not essential
- An experienced team or project manager, with 2+ years of hands-on experience of leading projects to deadlines, ideally in a small business/community context?
- Resourceful & able to juggle multiple spinning plates – in your element developing and working within plans, budgets and deadlines?
- Energised by holding relationships with a wide range of people, from external partners to a growing team?
- A clear and inclusive communicator – listening attentively, being clear on the details, and ensuring everyone feels included?
- Attentive to details and good at seeing tasks through to completion, eg. ensuring the right parts have been ordered in time and shared documents are up-to-date?
- An infectious enthusiasm for community and planet?
- Fun-loving, bringing a bit of joy and playfulness where appropriate?
About the job
Offer of remuneration: £37,500 pro rata, PAYE
Time input: 0.6 FTE / 3 full days per week initially (time input very likely to increase over time)
Flexibility: Exact working days to be decided with the candidate. Must be available for meetings & calls 10am–3pm on the days worked, with option for some flexibility on which hours you work around this – as long as urgent matters are handled with time sensitivity. The role may occasionally include some weekend hours.
Location: London. Split between new/existing LoT London locations & Things HQ in Brixton. Option for some remote working.
Contract: 12-months fixed term with a 4 month probation period. The intention is for this to be a long-term role that grows as the company expands
Personal development: £500 pro rata annual personal development budget. Training & support from the Co-founder – Director team, especially the Community Director.
Other perks: Bi-annual team weekend away, share options scheme, 50% discount on Thing borrowing, 25 days pro rata annual holiday allowance, free fruit...
Eligibility: Applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK
About Library of Things
Library of Things is a social enterprise that helps people save money and reduce waste by affordably renting out items like drills, sound systems and sewing machines from self-serve kiosks.
Library of Things is now expanding, kickstarting in neighbourhoods across London in partnership with councils and community partners.
The next six months will see LoT kickstart in at least two new London locations, with two more set to launch later in 2020. The co-founder and director team are leading on securing new partners, locations and funds, and will work closely with the Project Lead.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be responsible for ensuring that Library of Things sites launch on time, within budget and to a high quality. Throughout, you’ll ensure the process is fun and collaborative for LoT team and partners.
Having overall responsibility for launching new sites – on time, within budget & to a high quality
In each location you’ll be the lead point of contact for LoT local partners, and work with the LoT local and wider teams to:
- Agree a detailed launch plan, timeline and budget
- Ensure delivery of a community outreach campaign and launch party (led by local Community Activator)
- Liaise with facilities managers at each site to prepare the space for the LoT kiosk, such as power and internet alterations
- Ensure the LoT self-serve kiosk is specced, built and installed within appropriate timeframes and budget (kiosk build & install delivered by LoT fabricator partner, Hub Workshop)
- Be the on-the-ground lead on implementing the finishing touches to the kiosk
Leading on local recruitment and training in new sites
In each location you will:
- Lead on the recruitment of local Community Activators and Thing Technicians, supported by relevant people from local partners and the LoT team
- Arrange the new recruits’ training process with LoT
- Deliver general welcome and onboarding process yourself
- Organise for other LoT team members to deliver technical and/or role-specific training
Holding relationships & overseeing operations at existing sites
You will be the main point of contact ongoing for local site partners:
- Arrange and lead monthly meetings with local team and partners, to review site sales and operations, supported by the LoT Business Analyst
- Ensure necessary actions are taken swiftly following any feedback from users, team or partners, such as a change in marketing tactics, troubleshooting kiosk issues, additional training sessions etc
How to apply
Apply via this form no later than 6pm on Thursday 12th March 2020.
Library of Things is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds – men, women and non-binary, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs. However, we particularly encourage applications from disabled and black, asian and minority ethnic candidates, as these groups are underrepresented in the sustainable development sector.
Get in touch with Community Director Rebecca on firstname.lastname@example.org