Live Producer (Freelance)
Manchester International FestivalManchester (Remote initially in-line with government guidance).12d ago
We’re looking for a Live Producer to work with us on Manchester International Festival (MIF). We are particularly looking for people with experience producing live broadcasts and live digital content.
MIF invites great artists from across the globe to create extraordinary new work for the Festival, which is staged every two years at venues and found spaces across Manchester. Our future home is The Factory, a world-class cultural space being built in the heart of the city, where we’ll present a year-round programme and artists will be able to develop work of huge ambition and scale that they might not be able to anywhere else.
Manchester International Festival produces and develops live content and broadcasts for range of digital platforms during the festival. As Live Producer you will deliver the production of the major broadcasts, working closely with the Broadcast & Digital Production Manager, Producers and Content teams. You will be responsible for all aspects of the delivery of live digital content including building technical teams. Ideally you would have;
• Demonstrable experience in broadcast, digital or live content online
• Experience of managing live broadcast events
• Excellent project management and multi-tasking capabilities
• Impeccable communication skills including influencing and negotiating
• A demonstrable track record in successfully steering complex projects from start to completion
• Financial literacy, including experience of putting together and effectively managing large scale project budgets
• Experience of leading a team
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
Live Producer FINAL CALL OUT BRIEF
If you’re interested in being part of MIF and The Factory please email a cover letter and CV to email@example.com. The covering letter (no more than two sides of A4) should tell us
1. why you are interested in working with MIF
2. what skills and experience you are able to contribute
3. your availability from now until end July 2021
We also ask that you complete our online Equal Opportunities Monitoring form – here. This information will inform us as we continue to build diversity and opportunity into everything we do.
We look forward to hearing from you, but if you have any questions or want to have a chat about the roles that are coming up, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date – 04 December 2020
This role is offered on a freelance basis reporting to our Digital Director.
This role will be on a part time basis from now until July, expected days worked flexible depending on your availability. You must be available for the entirety of MIF21, 01-18 July 2021.
The ongoing impacts of COVID-19 means the nature of projects, including the Festival, may change at short notice which may impact on the duration and scope of Freelance engagements. At the point of contract a fair and equitable rate will be negotiated based on the agreed brief.