Lead Web Programmer
We're on a mission to unite the digital and physical worlds.
We are an immersive design and innovation company. We’re focused on the challenges around uniting the digital and physical worlds and finding solutions that enhance the way we work, play, and relate to each other.
We are working on a groundbreaking and innovative product which will define a new way of working in the emerging landscape of mixed reality and spatial computing.
And we need your help to make it happen.
- Operating at a team leadership level and taking overall leadership and accountability for the programming project team
- Defining full project processes and workflows from the outset
- Contributing information and expertise to help plan projects, and working with other discipline leads to manage projects effectively towards creative, quality and budgetary goals
- Delegating tasks to the correct resource
- Identifying risks that will affect project success and working with project leadership to help mitigate them in the early phases
- Identifying the need for new systems, processes and pipelines that solve issues at the project-level and work with specialists/Technical Director to plan and implement them
- Mentoring and developing the programming talent within the studio
- Managing Junior-Senior programmers as direct reports - conducting regular 1:1s, driving yearly goals and all aspects of mentoring and performance management
- Partnering with HR on staff issues (both development and performance)
- Taking an active role in building and growing the programming team as a whole, engaging in general recruitment for the team
- Working with studio leadership to improve working practices on a project and discipline basis
- BSc in Computer Science or a related field, or relevant professional experience
- Experience closing out large and short form projects from start to finish and able to apply these learnings in a lead context
- Able to consider and make informed decisions for the most optimal path to achieve the highest quality results within a project's given restrictions
- Strong communication skills, and able to give clear direction and provide constructive feedback
- Experience working on live-service projects
- A deep understanding of WebGL
- Experience working on a WebGL 3D-rendered engine
- A deep understanding of Node.js
- A good level of understanding of Three.js
- A strong history in test-driven development
- A strong focus on raising quality across all aspects of programming
- A passion for the professional growth of the programming team
- Able to reconcile the needs of individuals with the needs of the project to maximise benefits for all parties
- A passion for cutting edge technology, and willingness to explore new skills and techniques
Why join us?
We are dedicated to immersive.
It’s not just an add on, it’s the core of our business. You will work with some of the smartest people in the industry, who are literally designing and building the future. Our award-winning team has worked on challenges at the intersection of tech, creative, games, art, film, and design for over eight years.
We are designers, not just builders.
We are obsessed with the user experience. Our technical expertise and creativity allow us to look at challenges in fresh ways to find solutions that offer true value.
Be part of a dynamic team.
We’re talented individuals, but together we have superpowers. We believe that collaboration, curiosity, and creativity combined leads to discovery. We embrace what others would shy away from because we believe in our collective ability.
Work with the latest technology.
We are flexible and nimble enough to take advantage of the latest technology advances and we are tech agnostic, so we always use the best tools for the job.
Join a happy studio.
Each one of us matters and contributes to making REWIND genuine, vibrant, and progressive. We value diverse thinking and perspectives, collaboration, and cooperation and offer a supportive and relaxed environment, in a studio bursting with ideas and ambition.
We look at the small things that make a difference, like (virtual) drinks on a Friday, and free coffee from the local coffee shop. But, we also ensure the big things are in place too, from the highest level of private health care to flexible start and finish times.