Lead Support Agent
SymlessRemote/distributed (East US/Canada/Americas time zone; GMT-4)1M ago
Help us to provide support to our user base through our support ticketing system, and lead a team of talented tech support agents.
Location: Remote/distributed (East US/Canada/Americas time zone; GMT-4)
#Diversity #WomenInTech #BlackLivesMatter
What about the role?
You will be supervising and mentoring our customer-facing support team within our Technology division, and you will lead by example by resolving complex support issues alongside these engineers. In addition, you will be responsible for building relationships with the external user community, enlisting champions, and advocates among the users base to encourage peer-to-peer support that complements our technical support offering. Internally, you will be working with developers, product owners, managers, and other stakeholders to provide feedback on the user experience, product quality (including diagnosability & observability), and feature requests from the community.
You will assist management with the execution of the technical support strategy, and the development and reporting of metrics & key performance indicators for the support function.
About Symless and Synergy:
Our mission at Symless is to make great apps for people who have multiple computers. Since 2012, Symless has proudly developed Synergy, an app that shares one mouse, one keyboard, and one clipboard between multiple computers. As well as having over 2 million users worldwide, our app is also used at some pretty neat companies like Apple, Pixar, Disney, Google, Amazon, and many more. That said, we're actually a tight-knit team of 20 people, so you won't let lost in the crowd.
- Monitor user support requests in all support channels to ensure users get a timely response
- Assist management with developing, implementing and reporting on metrics and KPIs for the support function
- Mentor customer-facing support staff to ensure that issues are evaluated, diagnosed and resolved without undue delay
- Interact with the community, building relationships and identifying/developing external community MVPs (champions/advocates) who can help deliver peer-to-peer support to other users for issues that don’t involve a software defect or require engineering level support
- Represent the customer experience (CX) to the development team, helping to refine features and driving quality into all aspects of the product, identifying and communicating product quality risk items
Position, hours, and salary:
- Full-time contractor role (40 hours per week)
- Hours: providing coverage for US East Coast daytime which are:
- US East Coast 9am - 5pm, or
- US West Coast 6am - 2pm
- Location: remote/US East time zone
- Salary: circa USD $40,000 per annum
You will be required to cover the above hours during your daylight hours, therefore please consider your availability and local timezone before applying. To protect the work/life balance of our staff, we do not want people to be working antisocial hours on a permanent basis, hence please ensure your local daylight hours correspond to the US East Coast timezone as shown above.
- Experience as a technical support professional providing customer-facing support
- Understanding of rational troubleshooting, diagnosis, and defect reporting skills
- Excellent communication skills to mixed audiences via different media
- Experience with representing the business to technical communities, customers, user groups
- Comfortable and competent at developing, implementing, and measuring KPIs in a support environment
- Autonomy, critical thinking, problem-solving, and attention to detail
Thanks for checking us out and we look forward to the opportunity to get to know you personally!